How do you spend your day at PKI?

TheKlockster

How many times have you rode the SOB Sobrider?

Ive only been a few times, but Im going tomorrow. I plan to do AE first, since right now its my favorite (and the only one I can handle). Then I am going to try Top Gun and if I do alright on that Ill try it again. Then I might try The Vortex. My aunt and uncle made me ride it once, but I dont remember it. I had my eyes closed the entire time and all I remember is a feeling of being disintegrated while on the drop. So I am going to try to do The Vortex again. If I do finally overcome my fear, I might even do FOF or SOB! I also want to try to do TRTR and Delirium. I guess it all depends on how Im feeling. Right now the only rides I can ride without freaking out are WWC, AE, Racer and Congo Falls. Plus ANY of the rides at Boomerang Bay. I think I need to join a coasterphobe help group!

I have found that it seems to be a trend to start out in Action Zone and then go to Coney Mall, then Rivertown. But then again, I never went with little kids, so I guess if you had some you would start out in HB and go the opposite direction.

I usually start at The Beast, then just hit whatever coasters I'm in the mood for. This makes for ALOT of walking, cuz I usually boomerang back and forth between The Beast and SOB. I usually get pizza at the Festhouse if I'm by AZ, if I'm in RT I go to the LaRosa's place over there. If it's really super hot and the lines for the water rides are super long, I just stand on the bridge to Congo Falls and get cooled down that way.

That's pretty much a typical day for me.

After work, I ride TRTR until I annoy everyone on my crew. Then I head to Beast for one or two rides. Next, I go for the small flats like scooters, monster, and zephyr. Next, go to FOF, see how long line is--if too long, I just chat with my old crew for 30-45 min. Then, ride Vortex, AT, and head over to Action Zone for a ride on Delirium and SOB. To end it all, a ride on Dark Ride before I leave through the First Aid garage. This seems like a random pattern, but I do follow it every time I go.

Do you work at PKI? I bet that would be fun. Is it hard to run a ride like FOF? Do you just push a button or is there actually some work involved? Is it possible for The Vortex OTSRs to come up? A friend of mine swears that while she was on the drop, they flipped up over her head. Is that possible?

I work on TRTR now, used to work on FOF. Working the ride itself is really easy. If you're driving, aside from making sure everything and everyone is working right, all you do is push buttons. The hard part is keeping the guests happy and in line, I'm not talking about the queue. If working FOF, though, the absolute hardest part of the job is memorizing the fire escape plan. Every single associate has a job to do, and the driver has to make sure that they do it. The driver has to stay in the booth until every guest is out of the building. There's a running joke among employees that if you're the driver during a fire, you are "going down with the ship." All in all, this is a fun place to work, expecially Tomb Raider.

What is tomb raider like? I have seen Top Spins on tv, and in RCT so I know what to do, but never a GIANT top spin. Doesnt it jerk you around a lot? Can larger people ride it? I know I find the seats on The Racer a little snug. Ive seen people my size getting on drop zone, so is it about the same? I mean if you go to pki.com all you get is a picture of the gondola and that big statue thing.

What makes a Giant Topspin giant is that it has three rows of seats instead of the traditional two, 77 seats instead of 50 seats. The ride consists of constant flipping, as you can see in RCT, and some special effects. The ride is very smooth with only a couple minor bumps. Just put your restraint as tight as you can get it, otherwise the finale can get a little painful in the nether regions. The restraints are the exact same design as the ones on Delirium. The ride is pretty short, so if you're a first time rider, don't expect a long ride because you will be disappointed. The effects are pretty good, PKI just has a little problem making sure they are always working right. In conclusion, TRTR=good ride, but it needs to be longer. If they do ever change it, it better have as good of a soundtrack as it has now. The soundtrack is awesome.