Spirit Song line-up partially announced

Oldiesmann

Much of the line-up for this year's Spirit Song festival has been released, and it seems this year is going to be one of the best yet!

6/27/13

Skillet

Tenth Avenue North

Matthew West

Petra

We As Human

Speaker: Matthew West

6/28/13

TobyMac

RED

Building 429

NewSong

The City Harmonic

6/29/13

Newsboys

Lecrae

David Crowder

Thousand Foot Krutch

Speaker: Nick Hall

Emcee all three days will be comedian Bone Hampton.

Tickets are on sale now. See http://www.spiritsongfest.com/tickets for complete details (too much info to post here).

Their FB page also says more artists are going to be announced soon. These will likely be the smaller, lesser-known acts that play before or in between the main acts.

I was really surprised to see Petra in that lineup. Apparently they're doing a 40th anniversary tour this year with Bob Hartman (guitar, 1972-1994; 2003-present), John Schlitt (vocals, 1986-present), Greg Bailey (bass, 2003-present) and Chistian Borneo (drums, just joined for this tour?). The ironic thing is, many people likely wouldn't recognize the band's early work, especially as they had a much different sound back then. (Go look up "Wake Up" on YouTube if you're curious).

Now I seriously need to get a working record player again so I can break out This Means War!

• Like 2

I like the early announcement...so I know which weekend to avoid the park.

Nothing against Jeebusfest, but the crowds are a bit much for me to handle.

The real question is, will this be the last year that Timberwolf is used in it's current dilapidated state?

• Like 2

As somebody who has had the privilege to work backstage for not only Spirit Song but numerous other concerts with these same bands headlining, if you have never went, or haven't been in a while, I STRONGLY recommend checking it out this year.

Though I've never seen Newsboys live, I've heard nothing but great things about their concerts and their great energy on stage.

TobyMac stole the night away last season with his amazing concert and I'm sure this year will be just as great, plus he will be coming fresh out of Winter Jam a couple months prior so it is definitely going to be fun to watch

I can't say enough about the production that Skillet puts on for each and every concert as they are always top notch, plus there may even be a chance they will be rolling out a new production and set this touring season but we will have to wait and see. Just a guess

I have seen Tenth Avenue North, Matthew West, We As Human, RED, and Newsong previously in concert at Winter Jam and all had amazing sets.

My church had the privilege of hosting Building 429 in concert back in August and words can't describe how great that concert turned out! That whole band and crew, just like all the others listed, are some of the greatest people you will ever meet, when it looks like they thrive off of crowd energy, it's because they really do because they care so much about their audiences.

All other bands, besides Petra, I have heard great things about all of their productions though I have never seen them live.

Like I said I strongly recommend checking it out this season after seeing this artist lineup. Spirit Song has become the highlight of the past two summers for me and it is something I always look forward to every year so if there is ever a year to go, this season is definitely one of them, and I know each and every band member and crew member, as well as everybody at KI would greatly appreciate seeing a packed house all three days!

• Like 7

I've only seen Stryper once, on their "Reborn" tour at Annie's on Kellogg in 2005, and it was a great show. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Of the bands at Spirit Song this year, I can definitely say I've seen Skillet, Matthew West, TobyMac, NewSong and David Crowder. I think I've also seen TFK and Newsboys, but I don't remember for sure.

I haven't seen either Matthew West or NewSong in a long time. The last time I saw Matthew West was when he was at The Underground with Downhere and BarlowGirl years ago. I don't think I've seen NewSong since their "Christmas Shoes" tour at Landmark eons ago (that was before the song reached "obnoxious" status :P)

• Like 1