Jungle Jims at Kings Island

4runneradam

Not for the 2013 season, I'm thinking 2014. Much like the Rivertown revamp, land was cleared and some stuff was moved in order for footings and such to be prepared for the next offseason. They could be removing the water tower and those awful posters before this season, just to get it out of the way.

May we get our safari area again? This may be just a thought but it isnt that bad of an idea. Most likely they will get the water tower, but truthfully it may be the safari theme again from the past "bringing back the original Kings Island" quote by KIPR a few years back.

Hmm, what else did they do in 2009 other than Diamondback...

Oh yeah, they remodeled Rivertown.

Rivertown was just adding in pavers, a new fence, and relocating a roller coaster entrance. What happened in Rivertown was more of a general spruce up. What we're talking about here is a complete, top to bottom retheme of the rides, buildings, and the general area.

If retheming an area and adding an expensive attraction is so easy, why did did Son of Beast open after Action Zone?

The renovation to Rivertown cost a lot. They added in a lot of new fencing, and those pavers aren`t cheap.

They do not need to do much to the buildings to retheme them. And it wouldn`t be that expensive either. I don`t know why you think that a new headliner attraction and a spruce up of Action Zone can`t be done in the same year.

I for one am really excited to see what is in store for the Action Zone. I wonder what it will look like this season, and if we will see a construction site taking shape in Son of Beast`s old area. It will certainly look different without Thunder Alley there.

It will be interesting to see if Jungle Jim`s does take the water tower, how the incorporate it into the store (whichever one it finds a home in).

• Like 3

Hmm, what else did they do in 2009 other than Diamondback...

Oh yeah, they remodeled Rivertown.

Rivertown was just adding in pavers, a new fence, and relocating a roller coaster entrance. What happened in Rivertown was more of a general spruce up. What we're talking about here is a complete, top to bottom retheme of the rides, buildings, and the general area.

Two rides have already been repainted. Two rides have been removed. From there, some new signage, pavers, would be something that could certainly be accomplished in one off season, even with adding a new coaster.

Removing that ugly water tower this winter is a relatively easy step towards that.

Something tells me, though, that with the lack of action this off season in regards to pavers, etc, that bigger plans are in the works.

Oddly enough the water tower never really bugged me but I guess its because I always hoped maybe they would do something with it. I guess in my mind I was imagining tranforming it into some cool looking fountain to make it look like the tower busted and water was leaking from it into a pool below. Seeing it go will be interesting though. Its going to look so empty this year with everything disappearing, but makes me excited to see what will be coming. I like how Jungle Jim seems to enjoy collecting random KI stuff.

• Like 2

Don't get your Hopes up over nothing. This was a picture on jungle jim's site, not ki. tower just because they may out may not be snagging the water tower (no one official actually said that, it was a post From someone at large on their fb page). The more telling piece for me may be that they removed all of the sob cement footings. Why remove them If trees and vegetation are to grow?