Jungle Jims at Kings Island

4runneradam

We have to be getting something big along with a renovation. There needed to be something to replace the Son of Beast, they removed Thunder Alley which was right on the midway and wasn't hurting anything (nothing justify's its removal), and now the water towers gone? Going into the 2013 season, it would seem that the Action Zone will be in shambles, prompting that there will be AT LEAST a renovation. And due to time and ride removal, I'd say KI is due for a new coaster. I'm almost positive 2014 yields a new coaster or a large thrill ride.

P.S.-I'd absolutely love to see the return of adventure village.

We have to be getting something big along with a renovation. There needed to be something to replace the Son of Beast, they removed Thunder Alley which was right on the midway and wasn't hurting anything (nothing justify's its removal), and now the water towers gone? Going into the 2013 season, it would seem that the Action Zone will be in shambles, prompting that there will be AT LEAST a renovation. And due to time and ride removal, I'd say KI is due for a new coaster. I'm almost positive 2014 yields a new coaster or a large thrill ride.

Low ridership, cost of fuel wouldn't justify it's removal?

Since we all are predicting....I predict at least one more removal of something...whether it be building or attraction. I predict the area to be a little bit more open.

I personally cannot wait to see what AZ will look like this year.

Well, the water tower removal would not necessarily result in them needing to put a fence around it. They can quite easily just remove the water tower columns and infill that area with fresh concrete for this season.

I was talking in general for AZ as a whole; with TA gone. ;)

I thought you were referencing the wooded fences they put around all of rivertown.

I have read several posts in the past about the cost of fuel being a reason to take out DoT (and also the antique cars). I wouldn't think that the cost of fuel for those rides would even scratch the surface of the cost of electricity to yank the many-ton coaster trains up a lift hill.

Since we all are predicting....I predict at least one more removal of something...whether it be building or attraction. I predict the area to be a little bit more open.

But low ridership and the cost of fuel wouldnt justify plowing the land unless there was a plan. I believe what you say, that it was in the works, maybe, to close the ride, but no real reason to plow the land unless there was a plan. The plan could be 2013/2014/or beyond but things are not torn out when there is no reason. Look at SOB, sat idle for years before being returned to the land.

Yea I thought of that, but even if that is true, you don't just remove the ride, at least not with a replacement. Son of Beast was a rotting eyesore that hadn't operated in years, and was away from the midway. TA on the other hand, was a running ride right off the AZ midway. Even if it was losing money, it would not be a good marketing stand point for the park to simply remove it being that an operating ride looks better than adding a mud pit to an already 'lackluster' area of the park. Even if its losing money, it would be a good decision to have a replacement ready before demolition. Now SoB is a little different being that its footprint is in a secluded area of the park that cannot easily be seen while walking down a major midway.
Essentially what shark6495 just said.

Now SoB is a little different being that its footprint is in a secluded area of the park that cannot easily be seen while walking down a major midway.

You could see Son of Beast from everywhere in the park--Oktoberfest, Coney, even as far as Rivertown.

Removing a ride in plain sight could also be good publicity. Turn the news into a "what's next?" sort of scenario.

Now SoB is a little different being that its footprint is in a secluded area of the park that cannot easily be seen while walking down a major midway.

You could see Son of Beast from everywhere in the park--Oktoberfest, Coney, even as far as Rivertown.

Removing a ride in plain sight could also be good publicity. Turn the news into a "what's next?" sort of scenario.

Well, There are those who will notice a difference in the sky when KI opens and look up to realize that a big wooden structure isn't towering over them, and there are the other people who will go up in the Eiffel Tower and look down to see big footprints and ask what the cleared land is for. Then in the end there are those who wont notice a change at all.

• Like 2

You think?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

I don't think, I know, why do you like to ask questions Terp? BB1 trying to create a paradox of questions of questions.

How is this a paradox?

I'll just let that stay a question, to my questions, to Terp's questions, to those questions that were started by this paradox, and the more questions that may arise from this question of a question which is of a question.

• Like 2

But see The Crypt.

Or not, as the case may be.

How does that fit in to your logic?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

Could the Crypt removal be that as the Crypt out lived its usefulness they saw an opportunity for a haunt attraction and use of the structure without the ride.

However, without insider info, anything can be made to fit into anyones logic.....

It is almost certain that some sort of a roller coast would replace SOB sometime in the near future and with the park keeping the old SOB station to use during Haunt, they will need some place for a new station for any new ride or access to it. The park might be making plans to include all of AZ in their plans to make the area better. This would include removing the water tower, if indeed it is being considered. Who knows what the future might hold for that area.

• Like 1