School Disapointments

fanofFirehawk

For I would say the last eleven years the sixth grade at my school, at the end of the year would go to Kings Island. For the first year they have canceled. I am quite disappointed, for many reasons:

1. I don't get to to Kings Island during a school day

2. Some of the people are going to miss out on going to the most wonderful park on earth

3. I was looking forward to going with my friend that I would other wise probably not get to Kings Island with

I know, I know funds are getting cut. BUT in the previous years the student(or parents of the student) would pay for the ticket and help pay for the transportation. I am not upset that I don't get to go to Kings Island (well kind of, but not really), but it aways seemed as I looked up since like second grade as it would be very nice experience to spent with some of my closest friends. After going with there of my friends to the haunt I verified.

Has any thing happened in your school (yes I understand that most of you are older((sorry))) or happenED.

• Like 1

We had our fifth grade trip to Kings Island cut. I was looking forward to that since first grade. At least our district will still allow the three middle schools' eighth graders to go to Kings Island on the last day, which I appreciate. Kind of a "going away gift" so to speak.

• Like 4

At my middle school, the 7th graders would go to Put in Bay and the 8th graders would go to Cedar Point. They've cancelled the 7th grade trip but the 8th graders still go to Cedar Point.

Just for my gifted Language Arts class went to Put in Bay, and Stone Lab(Ohio State's fresh water out post) for a couple of days.

We never go to Cedar Point, and I guess we won't go to Kings Island either, although you can see Cedar Point from the top of Perry's Monument.

In my system, most of the trips don't exist anymore. In 4th grade we went to Sea World, In 6th to GoodTimes (a go cart and putt putt place), and in 8th grade to Geauga Lake's (sfwoa in my day). All of those places no longer exist. Maybe it was a good thing my physics teacher canceled our trip to CP my senior year (he realized we all had passes).

• Like 2

I'm not going to name any names, but when my brother's class had their 8th grade trip to KI, one kid's parents were so strict, they wouldn't allow him to go, because school was for studying, not trips and fun. We all liked him, he was a great person, and the smartest kid in school.

The eighth grade homeroom teacher took him anyway, he went to the park still in his school uniform, and at three o'clock, the teacher and he left in time for him to be back at the school for his parents to pick up.

From what I understood, the parents never found out. I learned something important from him that day. The other kids were staying til the fireworks, but he had to leave early. They asked if that bothered him. He said it didn't, that you enjoy things more when you know you have a limited amount of time.

I live by that credo.

• Like 8

At my middle school, the 7th graders would go to Put in Bay and the 8th graders would go to Cedar Point. They've cancelled the 7th grade trip but the 8th graders still go to Cedar Point.

Just for my gifted Language Arts class went to Put in Bay, and Stone Lab(Ohio State's fresh water out post) for a couple of days.

We never go to Cedar Point, and I guess we won't go to Kings Island either, although you can see Cedar Point from the top of Perry's Monument.

In 8th grade we took a trip to Cedar Point. Somewhere in High School we took a trip to Kings Island. And we went to Stone Lab/Put In Bay for a week, one of the best trips I had.

• Like 1

I'm not going to name any names, but when my brother's class had their 8th grade trip to KI, one kid's parents were so strict, they wouldn't allow him to go, because school was for studying, not trips and fun. We all liked him, he was a great person, and the smartest kid in school.

The eighth grade homeroom teacher took him anyway, he went to the park still in his school uniform, and at three o'clock, the teacher and he left in time for him to be back at the school for his parents to pick up.

From what I understood, the parents never found out. I learned something important from him that day. The other kids were staying til the fireworks, but he had to leave early. They asked if that bothered him. He said it didn't, that you enjoy things more when you know you have a limited amount of time.

I live by that credo.

My goodness. You could never do something like that now. That is opening yourself up to too many potential lawsuits. If the teacher did do it recently, and the parents ever find out, its his licensure for sure...

• Like 3