Park Entrance Music

PkiJake13

Themes from "The Last Starfighter," "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn," and "Jaws."

Fireworks music includes themes of "Star Trek Nemesis," "Titanic," and "Indiana Jones." They used to have (last year) the themes of "Star Trek The Next Generation," (which is just an edited form of the theme of Star Trek: The Motion Picture) and "Sleepy Hollow."

Thanks for clearing that up - it had me rather confused. I thought, this is PKI not 20CFKI! laugh.gif But I was headed for the ET so I could get on top before the fireworks, but I didnt make it. I just barely made it in queue before the line closed.

Well seeing as they play music from other studios, would they theme a ride from a movie from another studio? I would LOVE to ride a Stargate coaster! I know SFKK has plans in the next few years for Stargate SG-3000 - probably something like Scooby and the Haunted Castle. But I want a Stargate coaster!

Don't expect anything like that here. PKI has to pay the studio whose movie they're borrowing annually. I was told by several people that PKI had to pay MGM $10,000 each year, just to have the name Outer Limits on that coaster. Back in 2000 or 2001, it was obviously decided that it wasn't worth it, so the ride's name was changed to it's subtitle, Flight of Fear. Also, the preshow movie was also slightly changed to get rid of all traces of the name Outer Limits.

I'm surprised that MGM didn't charge them extra just for playing James Bond "Licence to Kill" music in the exit hallway, and that PKI didn't have to pay Columbia for the use of "Bram Stoker's Dracula" Music in said hallway too.

This might sound like a dumb question, but its not since I never rode FOF (Im saving it till next year so I can have some new rides to look forward to - FOF, SOB, Beast, TRTR). But does FOF have different stations for load and unload? And does anybody know what it looks like inside if you were able to see the track?

And staying on topic, why do they always play Bombs over Baghdad at that racing game by the entrance to FOF, where you walk under The Racer? Seems like a strange song for a kids game.

Yes, two different stations. As for what the track looks like, imagine a bowl of spaghetti, and you pretty much have an idea of what the track looks like. It starts with a cobra roll after the launch, then right into a boomerang. Afterwards, it just starts circling the building, twisting in and out of the rest of the track, some small hills, two rapid changes in direction, with a nice corkscrew to finish it off. Ride lasts exactly 1:00.44 min.

That's not right! I timed it as 55 seconds with my stop-watch! You lie!

Actually, every time you ride a ride the time is different. The more people on the train, the shorter it is because the train goes slower.

The ride's longer than it was the past years because the block brakes are catching the train now. I timed it three times in a row and I ended up with pretty much same result every time, just slightly over one minute. BTW, I had different loads of people on each train too.