Tomb Raider: The Ride POV Surfaces

bkroz

The Crypt during its final years basically was Tomb Raider: The Ride minus the story, effects, and synchronized music.

How can you say the Crypt's cycle with its marry-go-round program was like TRTR?! Crypt didn't hold you upside-down, or do a top spin. And it was much slower.

I agree with Nemo, GYK. The Crypt featured 2 flips in it's later years and the ride was slower than molasses. TR:TR featured 4 flips and held riders upside-down. Now post TR:TR early Crypt, 9 flips in the intense cycle for a year, TR:TR didn't hold a candle to that cycle.

• Like 1

OK, enough fooling around. Would somebody please explain to me exactly when, where, and how the "downtown" joke originated? I'd very much like to know.

Yes. It's been explained here numerous times. After one of the ride's many revisions, a park marketing person at Kings Island, who often posts here, Mr. Don Helbig, posted in these forums that The Crypt had been very popular the year before, and that, contrary to perceptions, it was almost always open, as it had far less downtown.

Several weeks later, a very similar post appeared, also by the park, also citing The Crypt's reduced downtown.

• Like 4

OK, enough fooling around. Would somebody please explain to me exactly when, where, and how the "downtown" joke originated? I'd very much like to know.

Yes. It's been explained here numerous times. After one of the ride's many revisions, a park marketing person at Kings Island, who often posts here, Mr. Don Helbig, posted in these forums that The Crypt had been very popular the year before, and that, contrary to perceptions, it was almost always open, as it had far less downtown.

Several weeks later, a very similar post appeared, also by the park, also citing The Crypt's reduced downtown.

I actually remembered that. Didn't know it was considered an inside joke tho :b Thanks Terpy.

Ah. Thanks. :)

• 3 weeks later...