Haunt Thoughts 2013

SonofBaconator

Pitch the eye balls, more theming, alien themed Action Zone, more better theme for Haunt, no devil ears (That really makes me sick to see that), take out Mysteria (Disturbia sounded better than this!), and place my ToT back. BB1 who asks for small things

It actually is too early. But for this season I hope everything comes back except Mysteria; please just get rid of it. Last year's Haunt was the best yet and I'd like it to stay that way.

What? Last year's Haunt sucked more than any other year.

In terms of attractions I thought it was the best.

I think more than anything else at an amusement park, Halloween events are truly a case where "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Everybody has different expectations, as well as different preferences for intensity, gore, and the like. In 2011, my group of five were discussing favorites at the end of the night; everybody had a different favorite, and some people's favorite mazes were another person's worst maze.

Even the exact night you go can greatly color your view as crowd sizes can vary wildly depending on weather and are far heavier on Saturdays then Fridays. In 2012, we had off and on rain all night on a Friday, and the park was dead to the point that most mazes were walk-ons, leaving us happy that could do them all with plenty of extra time. Somehow, I doubt the people that visited eight days later on the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend had the same experience.

• Like 11

I didn't mind the eyeballs in the trees, I guess because I looked at the decorator's point of view, "We need something cheap and expansive to cover this area. Look! Inflatable eyeballs!"

What would you prefer? Aqua and purple lights in the trees? Gauze doctored to look like moss? What would make you walk down that way?

I liked last year's Haunt a lot, my own problem was my guests getting scared and running out of line for the mazes. Mysteria is a flopparoonie, but at least they are trying different concepts besides buckets of blood.

For me, Club Blood is feeling old, and I miss the Work Crew.

• Like 3

Personally, I think that Madam's was a cover for the poor designs of some areas. Although I still like the BB items in the OF, sadly I think even I could of made a better area for the eye ball/nightmare alley, old rides coming back for the haunt, seems like a diversion, or a allusion, one of the two, or both.

Well heck, I'm excited about the Haunt topic, anyway. Yeah, it's a little unorthodox to talk about it this early, but it's still something to be excited for pertaining to the upcoming season. It's not like the guy is asking what you plan to do next off-season. Sheesh! :)

Even though Nightmare Alley was a little weak in terms of static theming, I 100% loved how Haunt stretched to all areas of the park last year and would have no qualms about it looking exactly the same this year. Gone are the days of the occasional awkwardly bare paths--with the exception of the Eiffel Tower-Rivertown path, there was something going on everywhere you went. (Of course, as the season went on, the number of actors diminished, but that's the norm. For me, the fact that they at least tried to maintain Haunt atmosphere throughout the park is a great step forward.)

For 2013, if a Haunt is changed or removed, I'm putting my money on Cornstalkers. I'd like to see it pull a Cemetery Drive and become a scream zone. I don't know if they'll actually remove anything, though; I'd sooner expect a new trail, perhaps in Timberwolf. As I've said before, I'd love to see Tombstone Terror-tory get a breath of fresh air in the form of new props/theme, but they've stuck with the same general idea for so long that it must work well enough. (Man, I'd love to help design the new haunts...)

• Like 4

Well heck, I'm excited about the Haunt topic, anyway. Yeah, it's a little unorthodox to talk about it this early, but it's still something to be excited for pertaining to the upcoming season. It's not like the guy is asking what you plan to do next off-season. Sheesh! :)

Even though Nightmare Alley was a little weak in terms of static theming, I 100% loved how Haunt stretched to all areas of the park last year and would have no qualms about it looking exactly the same this year. Gone are the days of the occasional awkwardly bare paths--with the exception of the Eiffel Tower-Rivertown path, there was something going on everywhere you went. (Of course, as the season went on, the number of actors diminished, but that's the norm. For me, the fact that they at least tried to maintain Haunt atmosphere throughout the park is a great step forward.)

For 2013, if a Haunt is changed or removed, I'm putting my money on Cornstalkers. I'd like to see it pull a Cemetery Drive and become a scream zone. I don't know if they'll actually remove anything, though; I'd sooner expect a new trail, perhaps in Timberwolf. As I've said before, I'd love to see Tombstone Terror-tory get a breath of fresh air in the form of new props/theme, but they've stuck with the same general idea for so long that it must work well enough. (Man, I'd love to help design the new haunts...)

Interesting enough Cornstalkers originally was a "scare zone" before it was decided you need to wait in line for it. From what I remember of that it was kinda bad the one night I did go through it where people just crowded around each of the scarecrows.

Every year, I can't wait for Haunt. When Haunt does roll around, I long for the summer months. The park atmosphere in the summer is much better than during Haunt in my opinion; it's when you see the true beauty of the park.

If I were a betting man, I'd say either Tombstone or Cornstalkers will be leaving.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

What about a haunt themed to a Topical Holiday gone bad. Kinda like that game Dead Island.

That has been told as well as myself, I wish that it would occur, possessed tikis, it all has been asked, yet still not answered. I sense a darker presence this year, one darker than ever before, a new haunt, or haunter that brings a darker horror to this Kings Island this year. I should really elaborate on the subject, so I can do so here. A new demented presence will come to this '13, a haunt so chilling, even the graves will shake. Screams will become the music to thy ears, while blood and tears become the drink of this dark masquerade. The Haunt will grow thicker, and more decayed than any Haunt of it's kind. Kings Island, scare and only.

A diversion? A BB1 prophecy? Or a BB1 crazy talk? The spirits know...

What about a haunt themed to a Topical Holiday gone bad. Kinda like that game Dead Island.

That has been told as well as myself, I wish that it would occur, possessed tikis, it all has been asked, yet still not answered. I sense a darker presence this year, one darker than ever before, a new haunt, or haunter that brings a darker horror to this Kings Island this year. I should really elaborate on the subject, so I can do so here. A new demented presence will come to this '13, a haunt so chilling, even the graves will shake. Screams will become the music to thy ears, while blood and tears become the drink of this dark masquerade. The Haunt will grow thicker, and more decayed than any Haunt of it's kind. Kings Island, scare and only.

A diversion? A BB1 prophecy? Or a BB1 crazy talk? The spirits know...

Kinzel's coming back?

Terp, who just HAD to.

• Like 8

Man its been a while since Ive been on here! As some of you know me I played Steve in Urgent scare in the hallway and in the last 2 weeks in the morgue and most likely returning again to haunt the halls of the hospital. I would really love Urgent scare to be revamped for this year with new layout, rooms, scenes, and actors. Would be nice if we had all of Acton Theater to ourselves that would make for one incredible hospital. Guess Steve can only be wishing until its time for fresh meat to roam looking for a non existent cure to whatever it happening to them. Couldnt see why anyone would want to fix whats happening to them? Just look at Steve I loved what happened!

• Like 6

FYI, Steve was my favorite part of that haunt last year.Much appreciated! I heard alot of people talking about me at school and the maze but never wanted to go up and say "Hey thats me!" It would ruin the fun haha. And as I would go to eat on my breaks I would hear people outside the maze talking about it and think poop im not gonna be in there to get them. Im coming back full force and better than ever next season!

• Like 5

I like it... the sight of me in a speedo would be sure to send 'em running in fear! We could get a whole bunch of us from Slaughter House for an even better worse reaction!

Sorry to put that image in everyone's head... :P

• Like 6