Haunt Thoughts 2013

SonofBaconator

They really need to do something with Terror-tory. The lines for that are atrocious.

Why do they only run one train during haunt with three cars instead of six? Why not use both trains with all their coaches?
Are you serious? The platform for haunt is only used to accommodate 3 coaches not six. Also the reason why they use 1 locomotive is because of safety. Even at night during the summer you only see one locomotive operating. The reason being is because it is unsafe for two massive locomotives to be running in the darkness, even with headlamps. Plus, what if one of the signals were broken? Too much of a risk for a collision. So the answer to your question is insurance and common sense.

Insurance?

Are you sure about that?

Who is Cedar Fair's carrier? (At last report, Cedar Fair was self-insured).

And how do Busch, Six Flags, Disney, Amtrak, CSX, NS, etc, run more than one train at night?

You got a point terp. I was just trying to point out the track length running two heavy locomotives. The other parks you have listed have way longer than ours assuring more distance between each locomotive like at Busch gardens and all those other parks.

• Like 1

Guest Department47

They really need to do something with Terror-tory. The lines for that are atrocious.

Why do they only run one train during haunt with three cars instead of six? Why not use both trains with all their coaches?
Are you serious? The platform for haunt is only used to accommodate 3 coaches not six. Also the reason why they use 1 locomotive is because of safety.

Do they only run one train during Haunt nights? Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure they use both green and blue...

• Like 1

Also the reason why they use 1 locomotive is because of safety. Even at night during the summer you only see one locomotive operating. The reason being is because it is unsafe for two massive locomotives to be running in the darkness, even with headlamps. Plus, what if one of the signals were broken? Too much of a risk for a collision. So the answer to your question is insurance and common sense.

This, my friend, is why they invented radios.

• Like 1

Are you serious? The platform for haunt is only used to accommodate 3 coaches not six. Also the reason why they use 1 locomotive is because of safety.
Do they only run one train during Haunt nights? Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure they use both green and blue...

Hmm maybe they do. I only saw #19 operating one night but you're probably right.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It'd move a lot quicker if the train quit breaking down and we had to walk back to the station.

Its so darn inconvenient. Especially with all those people jumping out screaming every 5 seconds.

• Like 1

I think BB1's point may have been that the Madame Fatale's "Shipping & Receiving" sign is still on it.

According to Don at the KIC event, Massacre Manor is the haunt that won't return this year. I didn't notice anything in his words indicating that multiple haunts may be leaving. So I'd say MFCoT will return this year.

• Like 3

If its true it will be sad to see massacre manor go. i think its sad to see any haunt go, unless its really bad..... I personally kinda like the trick or treat house at knotts. seems like a neat concept. Im always nervous about what will stay and what will go. Ive worked freak street the last two years (first year was nightmare alley) so i always look on the list to see if its there, not that I think its bad but its a fear zone with nothing permanant, easily changed into something else. btw have I ever mentioned that i love the haunt....well i do !

• Like 1

I'm just putting this out there right now. I would like to have the Trick or Treat maze at Kings Island this year now that MM has gone, it will rest, but in pieces.