Haunt Thoughts 2013

SonofBaconator

A tad early to be getting stuff out for Haunt, isn't it?

Compared to other theme park haunts - like Universal Studios who has several of their indoor houses already built - I'd say Kings Island is right on schedule with their preparations.

• Like 1

A tad early to be getting stuff out for Haunt, isn't it?

At first, I was thinking "What?!" then I had to ride again to see everything. At first during about May, there was an old couch, but now there's more. This is about when it begins, late June, mid to late July as well, so we are a bit, but not far early.

Update: Next to The Racers, stacked panels/caskets are out.

I noticed these were out during Coasting For Kids. One could assume they weren't put away at the end of haunt. One could assume they are being worked on. One could assume that they are just hanging out until they're ready to be used.

Although, I did noticed during Coasting For Kids the Squad for Urgent Scare was no longer parked behind the Flight Commander queue like it used to be. No signs of it.

It's pretty hidden. If you look next to the ICEE stand in Coney, and behind the baseball throwing game, you'll see it. To exit the ride queue toward the ride you had to go up a ramp. The queue was split level (I think that's the term I want to use---partially underground/cutting into the ground), so it can be a bit hard to see.

flightque02.jpg

http://www.KICentral.com/history/photos/albums/userpics/10001/flightque02.jpg

• Like 5

The clock is ticking, the gates are beginning to swell. Fog is seeping, from this ghastly bell. The screams of ghouls are heard, more by the moment, more by the second, engulfing, and turning Kings Island back into a ghostly state. The clouds will linger, the chains will rattle. Many nights are left, but the dead can not stay down forever. They will be foregone, by one spirit, of ghastly intentions, to bring chills to those of the Island.

The nights are dwindling, till the new end.

KI347_zpsc31769f6.jpg

• Like 3

It's pretty hidden. If you look next to the ICEE stand in Coney, and behind the baseball throwing game, you'll see it. To exit the ride queue toward the ride you had to go up a ramp. The queue was split level (I think that's the term I want to use---partially underground/cutting into the ground), so it can be a bit hard to see.

flightque02.jpg

http://www.KICentral.com/history/photos/albums/userpics/10001/flightque02.jpg

As a side note, the ramp to get to the queue house has been blocked off at the mouth with landscaping. The lights are still there along the path (they are in the same style as the ones on the DA! picnic pavilion) but are not lit.

The clock is ticking, the gates are beginning to swell. Fog is seeping, from this ghastly bell. The screams of ghouls are heard, more by the moment, more by the second, engulfing, and turning Kings Island back into a ghostly state. The clouds will linger, the chains will rattle. Many nights are left, but the dead can not stay down forever. They will be foregone, by one spirit, of ghastly intentions, to bring chills to those of the Island.

The nights are dwindling, till the new end.

KI347_zpsc31769f6.jpg

Love it ! thank you that just got me pumped!.....but I need to save it for Haunt......

Well I do know this, June is almost gone and July is just around the corner. They will start things for us sometime in August. So I say its not too early but right on track, if that is what they are doing, preparing for Haunt. I've said this before, but the true Kings Island fans, the Haunt fans and all the people on here are some of the best people around hands down. Thanks to you all.

• Like 3

The indoor haunts that aren't accessible to the public should already be started with their construction, if they weren't left up from previous seasons. The outdoor haunts that take up a lot of public area will not start until late August, maybe even September. Most of those shows are just walls (easily assembled) and prop/scenic stuff that can be forklifted in and just dropped into place.

• Like 2

The indoor haunts that aren't accessible to the public should already be started with their construction, if they weren't left up from previous seasons. The outdoor haunts that take up a lot of public area will not start until late August, maybe even September. Most of those shows are just walls (easily assembled) and prop/scenic stuff that can be forklifted in and just dropped into place.

Glad to see you back The Forsaken, a long winter's nap I believe you took over the off season, yes?

What should have been there was: after watching the short dinosaur movie at Kings Island we saw alot of clues that urgent scare was still up. And I would say that carnevil is still up.

From my understanding, the indoor haunts that stay up year-round are Urgent Scare, CarnEvil, Club Blood, Wolf Pack, and last year's Madame Fatale's. These are in locations that aren't used by guests during the regular season and aren't used for storage, which is why Mysteria isn't on the list as they store a lot of Haunt props inside in the off-season. Massacre Manor isn't on the list either because it apparently is not coming back this season. Although, given their track record of "retheming" former mazes and calling them "new", I'm not holding my breath for Manor's replacement to potentially wow me.

• Like 1

KI's track record of haunts, period, is stale. Not since it's first year (the Lynton V. Harris shows) have really themed out and creative haunts been at the parks. The main problem they have is time, budget and people. Not enough time, budget or skilled labor (experienced HAUNT creators/designers, not people studied in theater) to pull off a top-notch show. Which is a shame because KI's setting, location and natural ambience could lend itself to a truly horrific and legandary haunt. KI has the potential of being the HHN of the north...but like Matt said...I won't hold my breathe.

-T. Forsaken

• Like 1

In all honesty, making an excellent Haunt takes a edge that is artistic in a way. You can't just have decorative degrees, you need to be experienced. Something I know many around the tri state has. I E- Dent SH makers, house hold haunts publicized at expos like Transworld ( Which if you don't know that show, and if you are into Halloween, you need to look at it!). As well, it seems like people don't have that imagination that many had, few still have. For example look at the old Halloween events, ToT for example was just a woods walk through, but it took the imagination of what happens back there that really fueled the attraction. I know I may sound like a fan boy, but I am actually a big Halloween decorator for my own house, and I even thought last year's haunt was under par.

BB1 who scares often at his house acting like a prop during Halloween.

• Like 1

BB1,

You hit the nail on the head. I won't talk from my experience, but I've designed several haunts in my past. KI has the foundation, I just think the desire isn't there; which could be a management thing as I feel a lot of the creative aspect is outsourced to Knotts. Shame.

• Like 2