Haunt Thoughts 2013

SonofBaconator

I'm not sure what the house/attraction really is about....I'm thinking it is a house/show where some are Experiment Subjects and others are viewers...since Busch is all about animals, I'm certain that nothing is eaten, and if a person is squeamish about seeing these things crawling on other people (Hint Fear Factor) it might be a show kind of like the premature burial experience that was on I-Street, but the price is WAAAAAAY outrageous to me to have insects and snakes crawl on them.....Heck just go camping if you enjoy that kind of thing...LOL.

EDIT: I'm beginning to think this a follow up to the Alone haunted house and not a torture exhibit...and that is all. You had to pay a separate admission to that as well and the ticketing price reduces the more tickets you buy.

A person, corporation, etc. cannot disclaim liability for negligently or purposely not providing things they have a duty to provide or protect against, nor for doing or failing to prevent things against public policy. Many so-called waivers are only as good as the signer mistakenly believes they are.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in Florida, Ohio, the District of Columbia or any United State. There is no legal advice intended for a specific person or situation contained herein. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. Your results may vary depending on various factors, not limited to the barometric pressure at 0300 at 97 feet m.s.l.

• Like 3

You are totally right. That's why I now believe this to be a version of the Alone haunted house with fake bugs, snakes, needles and darkness all on the premise that its real.

Incidentally I had an incident in a local parking lot in Cincy where someone flew out of their space backwards and rammed the bumper of my car denting then pulling my bumper while I was working (brand new car...many expletives flowed that day!) I called the police to report and they didn't want to come on the lot. They said they weren't allowed on private property...go figure they have no problem on other private property. Anyway he referred to the liability statement on the back of the parking ticket saying I was parking there at my own risk. I told him that they have a responsibility to be watching my car since the owners were allowing me to park there, and since no one was monitoring, I should seek out a lawyer. The next day...they had someone in the booth...interestingly, I never mentioned anything to the owners....I wonder who did talk to them....LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One word immediately came to mind once I saw the photos of Board to Death: WOW.

Talk about a major, and I mean MAJOR, transformation from its previous iteration as Mysteria/Death Row. B2D literally looks like a Universal creation for Halloween Horror Nights. Excellent job on the park's part just by glancing at these photos.

• Like 2

One word immediately came to mind once I saw the photos of Board to Death: WOW.

Talk about a major, and I mean MAJOR, transformation from its previous iteration as Mysteria/Death Row. B2D literally looks like a Universal creation for Halloween Horror Nights. Excellent job on the park's part just by glancing at these photos.

yay for new haunt management.

Some new pictures of haunt construction have been put up on Facebook. Some fo tehm give a look inside the new Board to Death maze.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.236030579877986.1073741830.134291140051931&type=1

Definitely looks exciting!

Delta Delta Die uses the same facade as Massacre Manor (and R.L. Stine Fear Street before that, and House of Darkness before that). I wonder if the interior has changed much, or if it's the same layout with a few new props here and there.

Board to Death looks extremely exciting and very high quality. As someone mentioned earlier, it looks like a creation for Halloween Horror Nights. I also enjoy how the rat from Phantom Theater was recycled for it - it fits perfectly for the Mouse Trap room.

My only complaint about this house is its entrance... X-Base is extremely congested during Haunt, with two major roller coasters and a haunted house in such a small area. Had they reversed the house, having guests enter near The Racer and exit over by Firehawk, then the queue could've been restricted to a backstage area. Instead, it looks like it'll overflow and congest the midway for yet another year.