Haunt Thoughts 2013

SonofBaconator

What would be a good idea is some sort of more darker "magic" show at Kings Island's Theater at night, I would probably see it myself. Its not like that ever happened before at any other Cedar Fair park.

• Like 2

I thought it would be cool to make Picnic Grove an abandoned theme park scare zone during Haunt. It could feature more defunct ride items, lots of fog and lots of ghouls lurking under the shelters.

I can only imagine the ghouls being former park workers. I don't know if I can be frightened by a ghoul that asks "How many in your party?"

^ That would be a cool idea. It would be neat for BLSC or Adventure Express but I'd take into account the kids who ride those rides during the day.

And how do you think they put up the Haunt decorations around the park? They cover whatever there may be during the day, then when the time comes, take it off. But I don't even think BB1 was talking about the roller coaster itself, just the area around it.

• Like 1

^ That would be a cool idea. It would be neat for BLSC or Adventure Express but I'd take into account the kids who ride those rides during the day.

How would it really be wrong? The area would be like others in the park, in fact many kids (whom I knew) loved the fanatics of the skeletons every season.

• Like 1

I thought it would be cool to make Picnic Grove an abandoned theme park scare zone during Haunt. It could feature more defunct ride items, lots of fog and lots of ghouls lurking under the shelters.

Kentucky Kingdom used to do that for Fright Fest.

CP does that with their picnic shelters, turning them into Fear Faire.

• 1 month later...

After listening to a bit of Monster by the Automatic I began to think of a new idea. The Timberwolf is not in operation during Haunt if I remember, so possibly could a light maze go into the space? The theme could be anything, but I think that if they can do this and do some light operations with the space they could place a great Haunt. I would believe it could stretch a bit next to where the old CornStalkers were.

• Like 1

There are a few areas that a haunt could go. A large tent or zone in the Timberwolf area. Expand urgent scare with a 2nd level, use the upper entrance, while it would not be ada, if ramps were built it could be.

A live haunt on the log flume during haunt hours. Similar to knotts.

Use 1 picnic shelter for a haunt.

I know the main issue for haunt is staffing, so anything new or bigger is harder to fill those positions.

When i worked at universal HHN usually it wasn't hard to staff, since most staff was full time, but if KI added a 3rd season to the park, some people could live with the 2-3 month downtime in jan/feb.

Maybe with the new management excited about lodging, KI could re build the campgrounds, a lot of places hire seasonal employees who migrate with campers, cheap rent, older mature adults, win for all.

It actually is too early. But for this season I hope everything comes back except Mysteria; please just get rid of it. Last year's Haunt was the best yet and I'd like it to stay that way.

What? Last year's Haunt sucked more than any other year.

I really agree with this. I am much more into the Paramount years of the Haunt. i thought the theming then was outstanding and haunts were actually scary. I didn't even feel the need to go into a haunt last season because of the reactions and disappointed faces I saw coming out of them. I think we can get a majority of people to agree that the Haunt is slowly falling in entertainment other than the late close for more rides! Nothing like a 1 am ride on The Beast.

I would really like to see some more "adult" and gorier haunts put in. From everyone that went to the haunts last year, it sounded very uniform and what you would expect. They need to get them more exciting. Heck if you have to, get a partnership with a movie company (like Universal Studios, I understand that is a different deal though), and theme some haunts after movies. Can you imagine a Hills Have Eyes haunt that goes through the woods!

What did Italian Job add to the coaster?

Drop Zone to the drop ride?

Face\Off to the Invertigo coaster?

Outer Limits to Flight of Fear coaster?

Or even Top Gun to Flight Deck?

On the other hand, note that Indiana Jones and Phantom of the Opera were two intellectual properties that Carl Lindner did not utilize at Kings Island (apparently with the view of why pay for what you say you don't use).

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

• Like 4

not to mention with movie mazes, there set up to almost run in sequence with the actual movie. if you ask me; that limits freedom from creative expresion on the scaractor to get in there scare & most folks have seen the movie enough that they know what to expect & when. a good maze should follow the guidlines that can tell a story to a simple audience, well laid-out theme-ing, & a scaractors ability to utilize there surroundings to pull off the scares time after time. otherwise its like a car not firing on all cylinders.

• Like 4

I'm kinda hoping for a good 'ole fashioned haunted house or a evil scientist's lab for this year's haunt...

Alright, if you go down I-Street, to the left, during Haunt, you can see the delightful scientist and the evil witch.

I like that idea of an old fashioned type, possibly a past Haunt gone wrong?

^ Knott's did do something like that for awhile (see Grudge and Quarantine). And personally, I'm glad the movie mazes were done away with, leave that with Universal.

Did you happen to miss the Evil Dead log ride and the Carrie finale for Virus Z last year? :P

• 4 weeks later...