angry guests

Sonofbeast2.0

Imagine your in line for The Beast been waiting for an hour+ and ride breakes down. You will be pretty upset. What if to ease some of the anger the park offered a one time use free Fast Lane ticket to everyone In line?

Stuff like that I think it would be nice if the park offered a free one time use Fast Lane ticket.

The problem would be where do you draw the line. What happens when a storm rolls through and the rides have to shut down for thirty minutes due to weather in the area? Do you give everyone a free one time use fastpass? On busy Saturdays, there can be a lot of people in lines, and the logistics of the thing do not just work out.

• Like 8

The problem would be where do you draw the line. What happens when a storm rolls through and the rides have to shut down for thirty minutes due to weather in the area? Do you give everyone a free one time use fastpass? On busy Saturdays, there can be a lot of people in lines, and the logistics of the thing do not just work out.

Totally agree. Also, what if someone is waiting in line for 2 hours, and someone just enters the line 2 minutes before the ride breaks down? Where do you judge where to stop handing out passes?

I wish they would give some sort of time frame. I understand why they don't (when unforseen issues arise you have angry guest), but it would be helpful to know if it's going to take in the neighborhood of a half hour, or if it'd be closer to three.

• Like 1

I would get in line for Maverick just for my free pass. :P Sorry,I have bad luck with that one, several hours total of bad luck. I think its just the nature of The Beast(no pun intended), you win some you lose some,you cant just expect a handout everytime something goes wrong in life.I get frustrated when a ride shuts down but I try to remind myself Im in an amusement park and it could be alot worse! I have been stopped on rides for several minutes and didnt want anything,but if I was stopped on WindSeeker for over an hour! I want some free passes or something! :D

• Like 1

Oh, my friend and his family went to KI back in 2010 and went to see a movie in the Action Theatre. However, something wasn't working, so she went to their offices and b*tched them out (At least that's what my firend told me). So, the park sent a public relations worker to walk with his family and let them get in the front of every line for every ride they wanted to ride for the rest of the day.

I went to Disney World back in August of 2011 and both Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain weren't working. I was very disappointed especially since we only had one day in the Magic Kingdom and I had my niece and nephew with me, both of who have never been to Disney World. However, what can you do? These rides are just a big machine, and they break down. We just moved on to other rides and I occasionally would check back throughout the day. Unfortunately Thunder Mountain Railroad never re-opened, but we did get to do Splash Mountain when it opened for just a few minutes at the very end of the operating day. I never once thought about chewing someone out over it. And Disney World isn't really a place you can go back to again and again. It's usually a once a year (if that) vacation destination. So if you don't get to ride something on your visit, more than likely you'll have to wait until you come back again the next year.

• Like 5

Oh, my friend and his family went to KI back in 2010 and went to see a movie in the Action Theatre. However, something wasn't working, so she went to their offices and b*tched them out (At least that's what my firend told me). So, the park sent a public relations worker to walk with his family and let them get in the front of every line for every ride they wanted to ride for the rest of the day.

I don't think your friend is being totally honest with you.

• Like 19

Do you actually believe that? I've learned not to trust my friends. (That sounds bad but it's true).

• Like 4

I see free samples of fudge as a supplemental gift for any park ride shut down. Also like said, rollercoasters are just machines that do break down, it happens and no one likes it, it makes park guests mad and park GMs disappointed from their own park, and no revenue from people riding it, which is due to people being angry, which makes them leave, which makes no money. RCT logic works in these parks....sometimes. I have had anger yes in many points of my life, from people yelling at people for "cutting" when they did not, or from the occasional singer at the park who just really likes a certain country in South America, but I never exhume it during my visit, that is just uncalled for. Please, for the sake of some people, keep calm, and ride on.

It sounds like a good idea, but it's just not cost efficient for KI. Those Fast Lane wristbands cost $50 with only a limited amount of them available, and they only gave them out to people who reached a certain level on the FUN Perks program.

Even though Cedar Fair's motto is "Best day of the year," they can't be pandering to guests who think that by waiting 90 minutes for a ride only to see it shut down that they are entitled to compensation for their "troubles".

I could see if there are guest in the station and the line was an hour or more when a malfunction occurred to had guest passes to come back to the front of the line later in the day. Of course this would probably only really work on rides with station separators but the question is what is the next guest in line who didn't get a pass to come going to say? I guess in cases like these its better off not than to.

With the whole "broken down ride" scenario, I'm going to ask a question that has been bugging me for awhile.

What's up with the whole "you cannot enter the line of a broken down ride" policy of Kings Island? I don't understand the need for this policy. Would anyone explain to me why this policy is in effect?

Something close:

In 2011, I was visiting Holiday World for the first time on the Friday of HoliWood Nights (I had purchased the all-day Friday option). That afternoon, I went through the single rider line for Wildebeest and had just been assigned to a boat when the ride stopped as I was sitting down. We sat there for about five minutes while maintenance figured things out, until I saw an employee with a pad of paper go up to each boat, speak with the riders for a moment, write something down on the pad, tear off the top sheet, and hand it to them, followed by the riders getting up and leaving. This continued until she got back to my boat. Turns out the piece of paper she was giving everyone who was already on the ride was a free front-of-line pass to that ride for when it reopened so we didn't have to wait on the ride for an unknown length of time. I said thank you and left. Half an hour later, the ride reopened, and I used the pass to bypass the line.

Note that the pass was given only to those who were already on the ride and I think the group that was next to board. Also, the pass was a pre-printed form listing about a dozen major rides in both the dry park and waterpark (Wildebeest was marked so that our passes could only be used there), so it's obviously standard policy at HW to do this. Does anyone else know of another park that does something similar?

My wife and I went down to Universal last summer/fall. We had stayed at a resort park and bought our meal plan tickets. We were suppose to get our souvenoir cups from AAA in Cincy. We never did and AAA told us to get them from the park when we arrived. The park told us that AAA was wrong but they were going to take care of everything. To make up for the "lost time" (going to a restuarant, then having to find customer service and wait in line - a total of 20 minutes?) the wonderful woman in Customer Service then walked with us to a restuarant, got us our cup and bands, then walked through the park with us all the way back to the simpson ride and got us to the front of the line (we had fast passes so no other ride really needed to be jumped ahead). She also gave us a bunch of info about the park and answered every question, even if she probably shouldnt have. I will never tell those secrets, but she took care of us and we didnt complain.

Moral of the story, sometimes you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

• Like 5

With the whole "broken down ride" scenario, I'm going to ask a question that has been bugging me for awhile.

What's up with the whole "you cannot enter the line of a broken down ride" policy of Kings Island? I don't understand the need for this policy. Would anyone explain to me why this policy is in effect?

Not too sure, but I presume that this rule is in place so that the guests can go to enjoy themselves/spend money possibly at other areas in the park. Other ideas?

My guess is because guests wouldn't realize it was broken down, wonder why the line wasn't moving, then be angry that they were allowed to enter the line and waste their time.

Last yeAr During HH I was in line for Delirium and then this girl complained that she had a "season pass" and she got in two times with it and she said that this time she tried to get in but couldn't cause they said something that she couldn't get in and she said she was forced to buy a ticket. I then argued that a season pass expires after Labor Day. She said she was right. Couldn't count continue cause she was a GP. Ahhhhh the GP.....

We were at KI in the late nineties after a storm had gone through over night causing delays opening several rides. When we left that night the park was handing out free tickets to everyone.

When the power outage happened o. July 4th a few years back I think guests should of got a free ticket. King of ironic story fo go with it. I was getting ready to get of FoF like 3 people away aand ride closed due to power outage. Waited a good time for tht too.