Como Cruisers opens at Coney in 2013

CoastersRZ

Coney Island is adding a new ride. Como Cruisers is debuting on the shores of historic Lake Como. Kids can take the helm of motor boats on Lake Como on this new ride. Guests under 42" must be accompanied by an adult. The ride replaces the Bumper Boats on Lake Como. As best I can tell, the ride is similar to a boat ride that can be found at the Legoland parks.

See Coney`s website here for more information: http://www.coneyislandpark.com/classic_rides.php

Coney officially opens for the season on Memorial Day weekend, May 25th, 2013.

I don`t know exactly how it will be set up yet. These will surely be an improvement over Bumper Boats. While the Bumper Boats were fun, they were a constant headache in terms of maintenance. They were always shutting off or the throttles were breaking on them. Maintenance was always down there switching out the engines with freshly rehabbed ones from their shop. Bumper Boats did open at Coney in 1989, so it had been there for a while.

Always nice to see Coney investing money in the park!

• 3 months later...

If everything goes well, Como Cruisers should open this Saturday, which is when Coney officially opens for its 127th year! I was down there today, and was at Como Cruisers getting the run down.

Guests visiting the park will notice lots of fresh new paint around the park and bright new signage. Its hard to believe that this is my 12th season working at Coney. I have seen many things change over the years. Coney will be different in the future just like Kings Island will be different in the future. Nothing stays the same forever.

• Like 2