Sign in to follow this  
SonofBaconator

2013 attendance prediction

I think Gatekeeper could affect it in a positive and negative way. I know they're several hours apart but I could see people coming from California saying hey let's hit up both Cedar Point and Kings Island. Although I could see people coming from Indiana say hey Kings Island is getting their new coaster next year so lets just go to Cedar Point. It could work both ways. In the end, I think it'll stay the same.

From what I have heard, attendance has been static, in a lot of parks, for years. That is why a lot of parks have been focused on increasing in park spending.

Of course, they don't release the real numbers so it is hard to tell.

I think 2013 would have a lot higher attendance if they added something. But I do expect to see some pretty big numbers in 2014!

I think that all in all, the hype of the Soak City will die soon, Beach will comb over some 'bums, Cedar Point will snatch some prey with their new bird, so I am expecting less attendance this year, or roughly the same.

Yes.

Weather and the national economy will be major factors. That and the 2013....

Another factor could be if the population near KI increases. ;)

I think a increase in amount of attendance for this year.

It's hard telling. Soak City was a huge hit last year, especially with the excessive heat we had. But with the Beach reopening it could change. I just went to Soak City alone 3 times last year, but if the Beach were open I probably would have gone there a couple of times. Most of the days I was at the dry side it was pretty slow, but I usually went on week days.

Considering Gatekeeper at CP drawing people north, and the lack of new attractions, I think it will be more of a lull at KI, but I don't think it'll be dead either.