Interesting difference in pass type descriptions

khaoskat

I was looking at passes, because I was trying to find a link to VIP perks for this season (something had posted late last year for both 2012/2013 years with GWL and cannot find the link any longer, so was looking there).

Under the Gold Pass Benefits is missing merchandise and food discounts, while it is specifically listed under the Platinum Pass.

Wonder if this was accidental or if next year the food/merchandise benefits will only be for those with Platinum (other than what you earn through Funperks).

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Here's a New Reason To Upgrade Your Gold Pass To Platinum Today! 40 percent off on all food and merchandise, at every Cedar Fair Park!

(Only an idea, not an announced perk).

(And at Cedar Point, Platinum is the only way to include parking with your pass)

It could make sense! Will they do this? Who thought Six Flags would offer eating passes?

• Like 2

If my KI gold card only covered parking at the other parks,Cedar Fair would have made some more money from me. Little things go along way,I drove pass Carowinds twice last summer and didnt stop,just adding something like free parking to the other parks with your gold card and I probably would have stopped just knowing I get some sort of deal. I order papa johns all the time,not my favorite pizza but I get great rewards and when I do the math im really not saving much but they make me feel like im getting a deal! :P In other words,if you just let me park for free, I feel like im getting a deal and I spend a few hundred bucks!

However, not all parks in the Cedar Fair chain offer gold passes. It is either a standard season pass or a platinum, no in between. For passholders of five parks (I think the all five former Paramount Parks still have Gold) to get unlimited parking at every park in the chain is not very fair to the other parks and their visitors, and it also is a pretty good deal.

Can't we just be happy with what we have?

• Like 5

However, not all parks in the Cedar Fair chain offer gold passes. It is either a standard season pass or a platinum, no in between. For passholders of five parks (I think the all five former Paramount Parks still have Gold) to get unlimited parking at every park in the chain is not very fair to the other parks and their visitors, and it also is a pretty good deal.

Canada's Wonderland does not, and I don't recall ever having, a Gold Pass option. The regular pass had always included perks like food and merch discounts, early entry and ERT even in the Paramount days. The regular pass doesn't include parking though, there's an optional add-on for that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...