Action Zone - Future Expansion?

TOPGUN1993

I have a feeling Action Zone is no longer going to be know as Action Zone. Also include the close by Oktoberfest into that consideration.

Posted by me an hour ago in the Italian Job news thread:

Perhaps Cedar Fair is of the opinion, that with coasters, guests are always left wondering what's next, and simply wanting more. If that is the case, perhaps they go with the old mantra and "Go big or go home" with coaster expansion, and look to add giga coasters at their major parks that do not have one already. (KI & KBF specifcally)

While a 300' roller coaster is rather costly to make (especially compared to family attractions that have a faster r.o.i.), Leviathan ($28,000,000) and Intimidator 305 ($25,000,000) will look like wise investments as long as they enjoy long lifespans, something SoB and TR:TR never experienced although being costly attractions. I believe constructing a coaster that isn't meet with great pubic approval or is considered mediocre would be a bad move for KI. That being said, a giga seems to me to be the most "cant-miss" option for KI.

Now down to specifics. Cedar Fair seems to be about large, but not overly aggressive thrills. Right away the name Bolliger & Mabillard comes to mind here. It's also no secret that Cedair Fair has been working almost exclusively as of late with B&M for major coaster installations. Besides a smooth ride experience, B&M is also known for realiability, lack of downtime, and good rider capacity/load times.

Having a B&M giga in the location once occupied by SoB could make a nice compliment to Diamondback which is located on the other end of the park.

B&M giga in old SoB location 2014?

• Like 1

time will tell what happens to the zone, and the fest:

Yeah but I Don'tWantToWaitToFindOut.... Also, one of my favorite things on this site so far has been reading the thead that predicted X-Base a few years before the arrival of Firehawk and creation of X-Base. So why not try to play psychic and have our prediction saved in type?

• Like 2

Just once, I would have liked to talk about what the OP posted about, TOPGUN1993 in this case. I finally saw an opportunity to discuss this topic, but as soon as I opened it up, I already realized that the topic had been hijacked by "diversion" talk and facepalm pictures. That force the OP to just edit their original entry because they realize it's pointless to even continue. It is something like this that make me not want to be a part of this site anymore. I come here to discuss the topics in the title, not the "diversion." If all the topics start turning to "diversions" then what's the point of even posting?

I'm sorry Interpreter, but I don't know what definition you are using for diversion, because when I looked it up on Merriam-Webster it said something that it would be the act of providing entertainment. In reality it ticks me off that it's done one all kinds of topics throwing people off. I'm not entertained. I would rather be entertained by the original topic than a "diversion."

• Like 12

Just once, I would have liked to talk about what the OP posted about, TOPGUN1993 in this case. I finally saw an opportunity to discuss this topic, but as soon as I opened it up, I already realized that the topic had been hijacked by "diversion" talk and facepalm pictures. That force the OP to just edit their original entry because they realize it's pointless to even continue. It is something like this that make me not want to be a part of this site anymore. I come here to discuss the topics in the title, not the "diversion." If all the topics start turning to "diversions" then what's the point of even posting?

I'm sorry Interpreter, but I don't know what definition you are using for diversion, because when I looked it up on Merriam-Webster it said something that it would be the act of providing entertainment. In reality it ticks me off that it's done one all kinds of topics throwing people off. I'm not entertained. I would rather be entertained by the original topic than a "diversion."

the-rock-clapping.gif1327107604040.gif

• Like 6

Future park expansion...I think it really came down to while the construction crews were there, it just made sense to take them out now, rather than later.

If that's the case, it could mean that a coaster might not be going into the space after all? Like how The Bat's footers didn't get in the way of Vortex?

• Like 1

Future park expansion...I think it really came down to while the construction crews were there, it just made sense to take them out now, rather than later.

If that's the case, it could mean that a coaster might not be going into the space after all? Like how The Bat's footers didn't get in the way of Vortex?

But these footers obviously got in the way of whatever is going to be placed in the future. If they weren't in the way, why remove them?

But these footers obviously got in the way of whatever is going to be placed in the future. If they weren't in the way, why remove them?

There has been rumblings on here that KI might build a hotel/resort in the area if not a ride. Seems to also go along with Cedar Fair's mention of "staycations"...

There literally were a ton of footers. They might have taken them out for various reasons. Look at the area where these footers are, not much grass. They might have been taken out to allow for the land to heal and grow grass again. They could have been in the way of an expansion of a a walk way, a new maintenance building coming in, etc. As of now, everything is speculation.
b7brgx.jpg
A51qMT4CUAAqYdd.jpg-large.jpgA7CqGx_CEAASk4c.jpg-large.jpg

• Like 5