Kings Island will always stay with Cedar Fair?

Sonofbeast2.0

Cedar Fair seems to see Kings Island as one of the most profitable and popular parks that they own besides Cedar Point, which would lead me to believe that they would hold on to KI as long as they could if they were going through hard times.......If they were in a situation where they had to get rid of one of the parks they own I could see it being more likely to discard Michigans Adventure......

Cedar Fair seems to see Kings Island as one of the most profitable and popular parks that they own besides Cedar Point, which would lead me to believe that they would hold on to KI as long as they could if they were going through hard times.......If they were in a situation where they had to get rid of one of the parks they own I could see it being more likely to discard Michigans Adventure......

Why Mi. Adventure? They have already tried to dump Valleyfair and Great America. Mi.A. to my knowledge does pretty well for its self and haslow competition. Canada's Wonderland has the highest attendance of thr seasonal parks, a captial firm would buy low and want to sell high. Correct me if I am wrong, Six Flags made a pretty penny from WoA and CF got Paramount Parks for a steal.

At the end of the day it is a business, KI will continue to be owned by CF until somebody lays down an acceptable offer in CF eyes. No, I do not believe KI will ALWAYS be in CF ownership.

Cedar Fair bought the Paramount chain for 1.24B

There were 5 Paramount parks.

So about 248M for each park.

I would bet if someone offered 250-270M for KI in cash, they would sell it off in a heart beat.

Thats a thing to think about. But it would be good for the parks in some ways and bad for the parks.

Pro: More competition=more roller coaster building

Con: Most people might choose Cedar Point or vice-versa its unpredictable ya know!

In think KI will stay with Cedar Fair for 20 years at least unless Cedar Fair goes into a Six Flags Bankruptcy selling spree.

We can't predict what life throws at us, even in the business world. I don't see CF going anywhere especially with Matt at the wheel, but my opinion could change tomorrow. I am kind of with a few others, if CF were to keep a few core parks during any type of consolidation I think it would be CP, KI, KD, and CW.

My opinion. CF will hold onto Kings Island for a long long long time. For as much money as CF has put into Kings Island, why would they turn they're backs on them now? Last year alone, they did a complete overhaul in expanding the waterpark and putting the Soak City name on it. They put in Diamondback which in all the years I went down there with my family, I thought would never happen. I thought this because I didn't think they had the room. Oh yeah, they also spent a lot of money revamping Spongebob into Planet Snoopy as well as adding WindSeeker. I know I didn't go in order, but you get the point. Here's another opinion from me. CF will strike again in 2014 with a new roller coaster In SOB spot; B&M most likely at the moment.

I think the bigger question is whether Cedar Fair will always be Cedar Fair...in the big scheme of things, a market cap of (approximately) $2B isn't a lot if you're a REIT or private equity company looking to make a deal.

Good point. Here not so long ago, we could have went backwards a few letters in the name of the parent company. Then who knows who they would have sold it to after that!