Ark Encounter Contract Signed

So let me get this straight.

AiG wants to hire employees so they can legally* discriminate against others who don't share their beliefs.

Ark Encounter wants to use those employees and yet still enjoy the tax benefits and profits.

Why am I not surprised that they're going for this loop hole.

I'd rather go to a bathroom stall and listen to someone's bowel movements than to hear Ken Ham speak.

• Like 9

So let me get this straight.

AiG wants to hire employees so they can legally* discriminate against others who don't share their beliefs.

Ark Encounter wants to use those employees and yet still enjoy the tax benefits and profits.

Why am I not surprised that they're going for this loop hole.

I'd rather go to a bathroom stall and listen to someone's bowel movements than to hear Ken Ham speak.

If you don't want to hear Mr. Hamm speak a simple solution would be to change the channel when he comes on, you don't have to go find a bathroom.

They are applying to use tax benefits available under the law for companies that will contribute tax revenue at a later time. Its not uncommon.

• Like 6

Hitler was also and engaging speaker.

Woah woah woah partner, how the heck do you compare Hitler to Ken Ham? Are you mad? What makes a guy running a Christian museum the same to a guy running a government machine that slaughtered 6 million innocent Jews?

There is no hate in true Christianity as that is just a load of bull. Christianity was founded upon the morality of good, love, peace, and goodwill base. If your conjuncture is true, then that would mean some of the most impacting groups for the poverty struck Cincinnatians, is only out to hurt and decimate those who even try? Or better yet, multiple and multiple of mission trips to poverty struck Haiti, only seek to, again, destroy even more of the morales of the people? I as a Christian I feel as if your agenda by that post is more of a hate, as, being someone who seems to be outside of Christianity, is only spreading hate for the religion.

Yeah sure you may not like what he is saying nor agree with it, but he is trying to expand on a market in KY and expand his ministry. I am not saying that you cannot disagree with what he is saying about it; but there's no reason why to call him Hitler as that is a terrible analogy. I mean seriously this isn't a black hole and a sun scenario here use some logic and stop trying to pull bull and start a flame war over it.

Now on the topic of the Ark Encounter I am just going to touch on a few major flaws that I see. First thing's First (I am going to be the realist <Good ole Iggy>) the park has little to no attractions for the family. The park needs more Biblically based attractions, coasters to be exact. That way it could actually make more revenue and go along with their already growing popularity of the zip-lines. Secondly, they need more emphasis on what they will have as in amenities and etc. The park is too based on the Ark and it needs to be more than that, KI doesn't just rely on The Beast, Diamondback, or Banshee for that reason. It needs more of a stretched arm in what it has, not just a dark ride and a boat. The park as of now just looks like it needs work on the design, it doesn't look like it could be successfull to be a regional park. Already we have dollars being poured into the Kingdom of Louis, and that could either be a go or a big no depending on how the economy and years play out. Now a park that could possibly go down the tank because of the lack of attractions. Sure, it is a sight to see and would bring in revenue in the first year or two, but attractions need to be planned for the long run of things to be added aka coasters, flats, etc.

• Like 2

I don't think the point is to make it an amusement park, but rather a life-like encounter with the days of old. Never say never, but I don't see Moses bumper cars any time soon.

Well, while talking with my cousin about it today(Yes, Christmas TPresentR from the Creation Museum) we did concoct a Moses LIM attraction "Escape from Egypt".

Yeah I get your point and I see that as I have researched it thoroughly but having the park only have that could easily cost major costs in renovations and upkeep which need to be balanced out with attractions who could make profits and in turn help create more profits to keep the park alive.

Don't you mean prophets?

And talk about overreaction. No one said that Mr. Ham was Hitler. You rushed to that conclusion. All that was said was that Hitler was an engaging speaker, which he most certainly was, as was Stalin and, for that matter, both Roosevelts. That doesn't make Ken Ham Joseph, Theodore or Teddy.

Sheesh.

• Like 4

^"Even though its obvious from the Bible that homosexual behavior and gay marriage are an abomination (Romans 1 and other passages make this very clear), there is a foundational reason as to why there is an increasing acceptance of these ills in America and societies like it."

-Ken Hamm

From this article: https://answersingenesis.org/family/homosexuality/how-should-a-christian-respond-to-gay-marriage/

That only proves what they Bible says. The Bible doesn't say anything about hating homosexuals. The article also says nothing about how Ken Hamm or Christians hate homosexuals.

And I noticed that you stopped the quote there instead of going on with the rest of what was written. Nice job of cherry picking.

Moving along since this is turning into a religious debate, I'm going to contribute some money to the Ark Park because I would like to see it built.

• Like 2

And that is your privilege. Kentucky taxpayers should not have to further subsidize what are tax exempt religious organizations when those organizations attempt to circumvent legal restrictions requiring employment without regard to religious belief or religious loyalty tests. You CHOOSE to donate. Mr. Hamm would require Kentucky taxpayers to subsidize what certainly now appears to be a church, but one engaging in a secular business.

• Like 6

But Ken Hamm is not spewing hatred of a race.... :o

Except he is. Hamm is a profoundly ignorant and intolerant man. He's doing more damage than good.

Beastfan summed up what I said before editing except nicer lol.

I keep coming back to this.... these are broad and vague statements.

I'm going to call you out on this: If you're going to label someone that you do not know in any context to that level- provide an example of how:

- he is profoundly ignorant

- he is intolerant

- doing more damage than good.

• Like 2

Have whatever opinion you want about AIG, but they sure did build a VERY successful museum and I have no doubt that their Ark Encounter will do the same. When I was in college I worked at the closest Best Buy to the museum and I would see people from all across the country come in daily to pick up memory cards and whatnot for the museum. Just imagine what a life-size ark will do for them.

I'm with a lot of you in thinking that Ken Hamm is quite a bit out of touch when it comes to many social issues, but it wouldn't be fair to discount his ability to expand his corporation.

• Like 3

But Ken Hamm is not spewing hatred of a race.... :o

Except he is. Hamm is a profoundly ignorant and intolerant man. He's doing more damage than good.

Beastfan summed up what I said before editing except nicer lol.

I keep coming back to this.... these are broad and vague statements.

I'm going to call you out on this: If you're going to label someone that you do not know in any context to that level- provide an example of how:

- he is profoundly ignorant

- he is intolerant

- doing more damage than good.

. I am on break at work so I will expand on thos later but as for ignorance...his arguments against evolution and for a young earth consisted mostly of referring to the bible. Not exactly a peer reviewed and reliable source of scientific insight. Add to this his belief that dinosaurs lived with humans...so on and so forth. He is free to believe as he likes, as is anyone else, but in my opinion perpetuating this kind of thinking and stating it as absolute fact is harmful. I am paraphrasing here, but I believe he said no amount of evidence would change his mind.
  • Like 1