Belmont Park

So in May I will be heading to San Diego, primarily for SeaWorld and San Diego Zoo.

But seeing Belmont Park is almost right there with SW, I'm think a quick visit is in order to get to ride Giant Dipper. Has anyone here been on it? I'll do it regardless but curious to know what other opinions out there of the ride experience since this will be a new one for me. Fact its a classic woodie has my interest to try it once :P

We went in October and I would say absolutely don't miss it while you're there. It's got several fun flats but the Giant Dipper is a great classic with an absolutely amazing story. They have a nice little museum set up by it about the story, with pictures of it during it's entire life, including the SBNO years and the rebuild. While you're there, make sure you eat at one of the taco shops on Mission Blvd. We ate at Marcy's (it's the smaller one that's over shadowed by big flashy Roberto's on the corner) and it was seriously some of the best food I've ever had.

577309_10100370298281460_1903755486_n_zp

Belmont's Giant Dipper was the first coaster of our honeymoon! :)

578549_10100370300257500_368324594_n_zps

Marcy's Taco Shop. Amazing!

• Like 1

As an added incentive, parking is free! You just park in the public area for Mission Beach. We took a walk along the beach while we were there so we could say we'd stepped foot in the Pacific Ocean, but it was way too frigid for us to go in more than knee deep.

By the way, I see in your signature you're planning to go to Orlando in Feb/March. Do you have your dates set? My husband (dare-to-fly) and I will be down there this weekend (the 22nd-24th).