Fun Perks for 2013?

medford

I apologize if this has been covered prior, but I'm not seeing anything directly related to funperks 2013.

Is this program coming back (I assume so)?

I went to funperks.com today, just to see if there was anything new, anything worth looking at, etc... It popped into my head, so I figure a quick venture over might turn up something new, perhaps something new or added for 2013, etc... When I went to log in, either my username or my password wasn't working. It has been a while, so I figured I messed something up or was mis-remembering the password. It gives you the option to type in your card number so they can send you the password/username. however, when I did that, it said there was no account associated w/ that card number.

I knew the 2012 rewards were not supposed to carry over, but its kind of a pain if I have re-up my card every year if I'm renewing and keeping my old card. So anyways, I guess the question is, is anyone's old usename/accounts appear to have been wiped out or are they working fine? Any word on what they plan for 2013 that I've missed?

for the meantime, I'm assuming this will be spread out to all parks as Q mentioned the benefits of the program in one of his conference calls

never mind, I must have entered the wrong number for my pass, I eventually remembered what username I used, and i can log in.

the redeem rewards has been "deactivated until next season" but it still shows me as 7.14% away from level 4.

Should be interesting to see what tweaks they make for this season.

There was an article on a Kings Dominion website about the hope/possibility of getting a similar perks program there. The interview was with Don, Don couldn't or wouldn't commit that they were definently going to expand it to all parks, said as they continued to analyze the program and tweak it there was a possibility that it would be expanded elsewhere (Obviously Don doesn't get the call on this so can't say for sure one way or another, but I couldn't imagine them not expanding the program chain wide in the next season or two). Don seemed to indicate that it would be back at Kings Island this season.

What people fail to realize, is that just like your Kroger card, Fun perks lets the park analyze trends among its pass holders and what they are buying. This helps them tailor not only the perks offered, but can help with staffing. If the I-Street LaRosa`s is busier than Rivertown at 3pm on Tuesdays, then it might make sense to staff the I Street one with an extra employee.

Another thing it could do is allow them to have dynamic pricing. Much like the Reds just announced, where the cost of tickets will depend on the opponent and expected crowd. Since many of the park`s food stands now have video menu boards, they can change the pricing (in theory) to adjust for days when it is less busy or for when it is cold out and people are less likely to buy ice cream, for example.

• Like 1

What people fail to realize, is that just like your Kroger card, Fun perks lets the park analyze trends among its pass holders and what they are buying. This helps them tailor not only the perks offered, but can help with staffing. If the I-Street LaRosa`s is busier than Rivertown at 3pm on Tuesdays, then it might make sense to staff the I Street one with an extra employee.

Another thing it could do is allow them to have dynamic pricing. Much like the Reds just announced, where the cost of tickets will depend on the opponent and expected crowd. Since many of the park`s food stands now have video menu boards, they can change the pricing (in theory) to adjust for days when it is less busy or for when it is cold out and people are less likely to buy ice cream, for example.

While I agree with the theory that you are stating, your examples can be determined without Funperks involved. (If you want to know which pizza location is busier, just look at the hourly sales and compare.) Funperks can be used to determine the actions of individual consumers. (EX: They always walks to Planet Snoopy to buy ice cream when they get pizza.)
  • Like 3

Right, but funperks allows them to look at pass holders as a group and see what they are buying and when. Typically pass holders do not buy much in the parks. If they can figure out what they are buying and entice them to buy more, they can generate more revenue off of the pass holders. How many pass holders do you know that pack a lunch, eat it out in the parking lot, and typically do not spend a dime in the park on any given visit? From a business standpoint, you want those pass holders spending money inside the park instead of eating a packed lunch in the car. FunPerks is an attempt to get them spending more money inside of the park.

• Like 4

It might be true that the die hard season pass holders that visit any where from 25 to 100 or more times each year might be frugal in their spending, but there are lots of pass holders that only might spend up to 10 times each year at the park. There are lots of families that fall into this group and I venture that they do spend while at the park. They will spend their money on refreshments and an gift or toy for their child. The park does know who, the date, and the time that they go through their turnstiles and how often and where they come from. Kroger keeps on sending my coupons based on the products that I purchase and it will be the same thing with the Fun Perks. The ideal is to increase the per cap spending of the guests while they are in the park as a means to increase revenues.

The difference b/w the pass holder that comes on a regular basis thru the season and the single day ticket holder who comes once a year, is the feeling that you don't have to squeeze everything in. we're probably typical to a lot of family season pass holders, we live close, we come once a week, pretty much every week of the summer, almost always in the late evening after work. We get there about 5:30, and stay until we decide to leave. We can just as easily spend $20-$25 on a less than desirable larosa's pizza inside the park, vs the $20-$25 we'd spend at chipotle just up the street. Fun perks is aimed to give us an incentive to eat the larosa's, perhaps sticking around for the fireworks (which means grabing an ice cream cone) vs cutting out at 8:30 and getting a late dinner elsewhere. 1 more ride on boo blasters or woodstock express (or hopefully The Beast or Racer for the rapidly growing 4 year old this summer) isn't going to make or break our experience that day.

I don't think it matters if your a season pass holder or a single day ticket holder. If you're eating out in your car, you likely doing so to save money (or perhaps you don't like the food offerings in the park) The park probably can't give away enough incentives to the person eating a packed lunch/dinner in their car to make them eat inside the park on a regular basis.

As a group, they have a pretty good idea of what season pass holders spend in the park each visit. They know what percentage of their visitors are there on a season pass, and they know how much money is spent in the park. Over enough time, the trends should be pretty clear about spending habits based upon the makeup of the park patrons. If they have a good program, they should know that last year we regularly pruchased a couple of pretzels when we arrived at the park, and a "free pretzel" instant reward should show up more often than a free cotton candy reward (of which I'm not sure that we ever used). Even better, they should know that we typically bought 2 pretzels and 1 diet Coke to share. A "buy 3 pretzels, get a free dietCoke" instant reward would likely net them more money as we'd buy the 3rd pretzel (fountain pop is very inexpensive). Those are the type of things they could use the fun perks to track per individual/family and tweak to give each customer something that they'd value and lead them to spending more money inside the park.

• Like 1

Something else I hope they do again this season is the Dollar Days weekend. Anyone take advantage of that? It was amazing! :lol:

I loved the Dollar Days! I ate WAY too many cheese coneys and pizza slices that day!

How many pass holders do you know that pack a lunch, eat it out in the parking lot, and typically do not spend a dime in the park on any given visit? From a business standpoint, you want those pass holders spending money inside the park instead of eating a packed lunch in the car. FunPerks is an attempt to get them spending more money inside of the park.

If you're eating out in your car, you likely doing so to save money (or perhaps you don't like the food offerings in the park) The park probably can't give away enough incentives to the person eating a packed lunch/dinner in their car to make them eat inside the park on a regular basis.

Up until last year, we were one of those families that, if we were staying the whole day at the park, we ate in the parking lot. With the introduction of Fun Perks and the special deals such as the burger combos in Soak City, we didn't have a parking lot picnic at all in 2012. On the visits that I didn't have the family with me, Hank's Burrito Shack increased my personal per cap too (GatorGirl's a picky eater and didn't like anything there, hence the reason I ate there when they weren't with me).

Chipotle-like food, rewards for spending money, better meal deals that a family of three or individuals can actually use (unlike the old "Buy a pizza, 4 salads and 4 drinks for $XX.99 deals they had in the past) and now the re-introduction of German food to the park... I see myself continuing to spend more money in the park again this year.

• Like 6

I think a large part of the reason I got to level 4 was those magically delicious loaded nachos at Hanks. It was filling while being somewhat light and healthy. There's nothing more unappealing to us than heavy cheesy pizza on a hot day. I'm sure it has something to do with our age.

I was told by a Customer service manager (in the room where you get your photos taken, tall young woman with long black hair, blue shirt. I didn't get a name, for those of you ready to pounce) last year when we were renewing our passes that Funperks was a big success and would be back in 2013.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...