New FearFest Attractions Announced

Screwball

CONFIRMED: The tent behind the International Showplace IS the new Sleepy Hollow attraction. I have SEVERAL pics of the wooden panels still laying on the ground and of the tent. I also have several pics of the Action Theater and how TOTALLY DECKED OUT it is for fearfest. The castle facade, the toxic barrels, the old Phantom Theater prop... I got pics of it all!. The Coney Maul wink.gif it the most dressed as I have ever seen it. They have haunted moss hanging EVERYWERE and low too! This stuff is also hanging from the roofs of the games aswell. There are tons of NEW decor in the mall and expect alot of FOG this year. PKI also have The Racers dressed up for the event as well. All the old mazes are in all there same spots. I will have pics up from this past saturday for everyone soon. Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

They really have outdone themselves this year. Almost everywere you turn there is a fog machine. The decor for the Coney Maul (mall) is AWESOME. Yeah, the Action FX Theater has a castle facade, but then you see toxic waiste barrels... just doesn't fit the castle. Then in the yard of the theater you will see a TON of props, even some familiar characters from the Phantom theater. SIDE NOTE: A old Phantom Theater prop is purched ontop of the AFX Theater Sign, so look out for that. Nothing really done to the FoF area, but it's not October yet! When I was there Saturday, it looked as if they were just getting started on the construction of the Sleepy Hollow attraction. The tent was open and wooden panels were laying out. I can say that this attraction WILL BE DARK biggrin.gif . I really can't wait until Fearfest this year, hope to see some of you guys there. Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

I heard that Fearfest was going to be postponed do to the fact that supplies (plywood and other types of lumber) were being sent to Flordia b/c of the hurricanes. Some of you will think this I am a dumb@$$, but this is just what I heard. Anyone else heard anything?

They wouldn't postpone Fearfest, they just wouldn't have like one of the houses open. Action Theatre is done really well, I walked in Saturday morning and had a huge smile on my face all day. They are going to try to animate a lot of the characters. They have the Usher in teh preshow area of Side B and they had him pointing back and forth until their fishline broke, so he just kind of spun around. I heard there is going to be lots of fog in the line and lighting effects, now they just need to get the film in.

It looked like they had all the outer wall panels built and set-up for Sleepy Hollow, but hardly any of the interior "maze" walls looked to be up. The Coney Mall (Maul) is completely dressed for Fearfest this year. I really don't think PKI will postpone Fearfest. If Sleepy Hollow doesn't get all the stuff in, then they just won't open that haunt. It looked as if the rest of the haunts were ready to go. The only thing that I would have liked to see was alot more haunt decor in Rivertown and Action Zone. I would also like to see the Paramount Theater and the Festheus dressed up for Fearfest. SIDE NOTE: The Swinging Ship (Vikings Fury) has some skeleton pirate decor on it (on the side over the water). Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

I just had a question about FearFest. I am not really into Halloween and stuff, so I was wondering if it is possible to just go and enjoy the rides without all the Halloween stuff. I am not really planning on going in the mazes and all that stuff - just roller coasters. Are people in werewolf costumes going to grab me while I'm in line for The Vortex? I'm not one of those anti-halloween religious people, I just think its a kids holiday, and its corny. I was just wondering if the Halloween theming is going to be so overwhelming that the rides themselves are lost.

You will still be able to enjoy most if not all of the rides and attractions during Fearfest. Yes, the haunt decor will be overwhelming and NO, no one will grab you while you wait in line. An actor might come close to you and scare you, but not physically touch you. I think it would be cool if the walk-arounds had those AirZookas with the fog stick in them. That way they can shoot us biggrin.gif with a blasting fog ring!!! Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

Quick question, how busy does PKI get during FearFest, are there better and worse times to go (Sundays vs Saturdays, middle of the month vs begining or end?)

I have two tickets to use this month but want the smallest crowds possible... *grin*

Also are all the rides/coasters open or only selected ones?

Sundays are better bet than saturdays.

All rides will be open weather dependant. If the high for the day is below 40-50(it has happened) then steel coasters will not run and SOB will not run. But they next day it will be 70 and sunny knowing Cincinnati weather.

From what everyone has been saying, it seems like FearFest is going to be awesome this season. I've been rather dissapointed in previous years, especially 2003 with next to no themeing in the park, but from the looks of it PKI is really taking FearFest up to the next level. I hope that the costumes/makeup will be improved as well. I've seen photos from Cedar Point/Knott's Berry Farm/Universal Studios/Six Flags Halloween events and the costumes/makeup at those parks are very complex. It seems like at PKI they just go and buy a few makeup kits from Wal-Mart. dry.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure as to the importance of this, but Fear Fest at King's Island was listed in the October 18th issue of Newsweek as a Halloween Haunted Parks Hot Pick along with Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags (as a whole corporation), Universal Studios and Disneyland.

Quite an honor, if you ask me.

Wow. That is funny. The halloween theming isn't that good. I haven't tried any of the haunted houses or paths yet, but I know the overall theming of the park, aside from the sliders and the fog, isn't that spectacular. Certainly nothing comparable to Universal Studios.

I went to Halloween Horror nights last year, and comparing the two I would have to say that FF takes the back seat, maybe even the trunk. At Universal you would never see the scary people in the park before 8:00 and I see them all the time walking in the park to oscars or just randomly walking, and thats not what their job is, if you see them during the day (the creepers and other scary people) how can you be scared of them at night. I admit I screamed a lot on dry run night... mostly because of the suffocating potato bags and clowns though. Definately it it not up there with Disneyland and Universal Studios... someone must of been bribed to write that.