KI Coaster with the Biggest Impact

mccarthysnerd

As we all know, Kings Island has got its fair share of unique and "different" roller coasters over the years.......

Which roller coaster that is at or was at Kings Island has had the biggest impact in your opinion?

The biggest impact on attendance? The biggest impact on park guests perception of the park? The biggest impact all together?...Etc

In order, SOB. It was a world record holder and brought the park national attention. Then the accidents and it brough the park national attention. Then it gets torn down and it will impact the future of the park opening up an area for future expansion.

Beast because it took the park to a level that it previously was not at. It has actively remained a top coaster and still brings people to the park many years after it was built.

Racer. Started the modern coaster boom...

• Like 1

All inclusive = Racer - started the current coaster craze which led to things like The Beast and taller, longer, faster coasters - both wood and steel.

For me = Beast - only because if it wasn't for it, I would not have come to KI as often as I did.

For those of you who are under 25 = Diamondback, only because you weren't around back when it all started.

• Like 2

The Beast and to some extent, Son of Beast. There was an episode of CSI in which Gill and his team was investigating a homicide at a roller coaster in Las Vegas. At the end of the episode, Gill and the engineer of the roller coaster were discussing coasters and they mentioned The Beast and Son of Beast at Kings Island as being their favorites. Gill loved to burn off stress by riding roller coasters.

• Like 1

Racer, Beast, and SOB of course. Maybe Diamondback a little bit. Am I alone in this? But I has a gut feeling for the.....Bat. Ok, probably just me then.

For me personally....Adventure Express, my first KI coaster XD Another personal one I guess is Diamondback. My dad would say Demon that had a personal impact on him, it was while waiting in line for Demon a guy said "there's a coaster up north that goes upside down three times!" The coaster in which was spoke of was Corkscrew at CP, that soon began dad's love for CP. :P According to my dad and uncle people looked at this guy like he was nuts.

• Like 4

It depends on what you're looking at in terms of impact. The highest impact on the industry would be The Racer, as it is given credit for re-igniting interest in wooden coasters and also starting the coaster wars. At the park level, definitely The Beast, because it became the park's signature attraction (and still is). Without looking at the percent of increase in attendance, I'd also say The Beast increased the park attendance the most over the years too.

• Like 5

Overall I'd say The Beast. But it's a pretty wide open topic from year to year. This park has had so many game changing rides over the years. Kinda surprised noone has mentioned Vortex. If my memory serves correctly it was a record setter when it was built, most inversions. But my memory is questionable at best, lol. The Bat, for me, had a huge impact. So very happy I got to ride it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...