Defunct Rides across the globe

I was on Google the other day and I decided to search "defunct amusement parks".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_amusement_parks

It was sad to see that so many parks have failed to prosper, but it was interesting to see all the different parks all over the world. I've read about half of the parks in America and I'm trying to finish be the end of this week. The three most interesting to read about, to me, are Six Flags AstroWorld, Kentucky Kingdom, and Geauga Lake. Just something to do in your free time.

• Like 1

Don't forget the former KI alternative - Americana/LeSourdesville Lake. While most of the park is gone, it still holds great memories for my husband and I. My very first roller coaster was Little Dipper when I was 4 years old, and he grew up riding Screechin' Eagle. I unfortunately never rode the Eagle, as I never went to the park after I started riding coasters since I didn't know it was open in 2002 until after it had closed again.

Other than Americana, the only completely defunct park I've visited is Libertyland in Memphis, TN, original home of Zippin Pippin. I visited there in June 2005 and was able to ride the original Zippin Pippin in it's last months of operation. I also got the Arrow corkscrew, Revolution, which is in pieces in Pennsylvania still.

• Like 2