New Logo Coming To KICentral!

Sorry, been a bit busy with work.

Shirts will definitely not be dark colored. I will look into a light grey, but only if we go with silk screening. If we try and print on colors that are not white, we will run into coloration problems.

I'm doing a test print tomorrow with several different materials. I'm going to then beat the hell out of each shirt to see if any of the materials are worth using. I'll keep you all in the loop as things progress.

In the mean time, is anyone interested in a sticker for your car, laptop, etc?

Thinking about printing some decals of just the logo (Like I have for my profile picture), and a bumper sticker.

Bumper Stickers and or decals would be cool!

• Like 1

Just a thought, and I'm no expert in what it would take to bring it together and all, but I can vividly imagine your logo as a sign, hanging over a small "storefront" on International Street or Coney Mall... again, just a thought.

Confused a bit.

B) Sorry. I meant it would be cool to see a KIC Souvenir Shop, with your logo on a sign hanging over the door.

• Like 1

Just a thought, and I'm no expert in what it would take to bring it together and all, but I can vividly imagine your logo as a sign, hanging over a small "storefront" on International Street or Coney Mall... again, just a thought.

Confused a bit.

B) Sorry. I meant it would be cool to see a KIC Souvenir Shop, with your logo on a sign hanging over the door.

"Welcome to KIC's Souvenir Shop! To where you can find merchandise of all your favorite rides, and posters of Kings Island Central. Want a T-shirt of BB1's own avatar? Buy it here for $10.99, with a price that low, you'd have to come from the land down under! Want your favorite quote on your car? Then buy a quote bumper sticker for $5.99 for all your posting necessities. KICSS, the first and only."

• Like 3

...or was that a pastry shop? Yes, that's it. It was a KIC pastry shop.

"Welcome to the KIC Pastry Shop! Where you can get all of the delights of KIC, in a food! Want a Beastly cookie in the shape of Thrill_Biscuit's avatar? Then buy it here for only $1.99! Want one of the BB1 brand cake pops? Then look no further than the cheap 'down under price of $1.00 a pop, with a special deal of buy five, get another for half off! Do you crave the KIC logo in a food? It is here for only a dollar a cookie! If that wasn't your fill of KIC, then stop by the KIC Souvenir Shop, for more of your favorite KIC delights. KIC Pastries, the first and only!"

I just had an idea: what would it take to convert the new logo into a new favicon for the site? The existing one that just says "KI" on a plain background just doesn't "do it" for me, and I think the new logo might make a better favicon.

• Like 1

I just had an idea: what would it take to convert the new logo into a new favicon for the site? The existing one that just says "KI" on a plain background just doesn't "do it" for me, and I think the new logo might make a better favicon.

More than you might think. Making vector art look good at a very small size can be tricky.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

More than you might think. Making vector art look good at a very small size can be tricky.

It is vector, for the most part. I can upload a vector version if you'd like.

^^ Of the two, I like the first one best. The map makes it look somewhat busy. I don't really have an opinion over "clean" vs. "stylized" - it could look good either way.

By the way, perhaps the tagline font could be changed? From a distance, that could look like "Hings Islano".

• Like 1

I like the top one better, as it looks simpler/less busy. The outline of the US doesn't really make sense to me, as we're (mostly) all from one relatively small region (OH/IN/KY), plus I like the appearance of negative space better than the black.

• Like 1

Was playing Bioshock Infinite when I became inspired by some of their artwork. It's definitely different from typical enthusiast shirts. It's still not complete, waiting on approval from some of the KICentral higher ups on whether or not I should continue in this direction.

T-Shirt-Design-2.jpg