Reds Hall of Fame Grille

Colonel_SoB_fan

Oops, I opened the duplicate topic first.

A full-service restaurant returning to KI is an extremely welcome change. Hopefully they'll have a replacement for the buffet as well. (Either another buffet, or more counter service to fill the void.) Stunt Crew Grill, maybe?

• Like 1

I recall I posted if Kings Island had a sports bar restaurant I would never have to leave the park to head to a Reds game! They really made my day! Its like somebody read my mind and even beyond,thank you so much whoever came up with this amazing idea,you brought a tear of joy to my eyes! :D Think about this,"I think im gonna go ride Diamondback now,I'll be back after the 7th inning stretch,save my seat would ya"!

Repeated questions from duplicate thread:

Being new to Cincy, I have a question that maybe a long timer can clear up. When something "Reds" like this is opened, is Pete Rose embraced or shunned? How is Pete treated around town? After all, it's hard to separate him from the Reds. What did he do that was so bad compared to today's MLB players? Didn't he just bet on his own team to win? Did he ever bet against his team, or shave points?

Not trying to hijack a thread,just genuinely curious. I'm real happy to see a sit down go there, and glad there will be pass benefits. Patio sounds interesting depending on where they put it.

Pete Rose is beyond embraced by Reds fans,we love him! He bet on baseball because he had a gambling problem,he did it with a pure heart and never for the Reds to lose,but he still messed up.I think he's payed his price by now and baseball should embrace him again. Thats just how I feel.

• Like 10

Yawn...

(I cant be the only one that feels this way)

You're not the only one. If I eat there, it will be out of curiosity. There is very litte chance I will make a habit of it. But there is a demand for a sitdown restaurant. The menu sounds great. And the theme has a lot of local flavor. Even if it's not for you and me, the idea is a a winner if well-executed.

Wait, is this actually "full service?"

As in you sit down, a waiter serves you, you tip them at the end and so forth?

In the past, the buffet was billed as "full service," hence why I ask.

It'll be interesting to see how the wait staff, if there is one, compares to the "service" found in the Foods Department in previous years.

• Like 6

Why are we still calling it Rivertown?

Probably because the restaurant will be located within the area of the park designated as "Rivertown" per the

I'm speaking in terms of theme, not location.

The stadium is down by the river?

• Like 5

For the earlier question, Pete is very much embraced by the city. Faults and all, he embraces the cincy sporting ideal as much as any athlete that has come thru the town. He grew up on the west side, was a no name, suppose to do nothing prospect who was mockingly called Charlie Hustle for outworking so many players, and turned into the greatest singles hitter in the game. I think many forgive him his ills because Pete bleeds Cincinnati Red more so than any player current or past (despite spending time in philly & montreal)

• Like 1