Reds Hall of Fame Grille

Colonel_SoB_fan

Pete Rose is beyond embraced by Reds fans,we love him! He bet on baseball because he had a gambling problem,he did it with a pure heart and never for the Reds to lose,but he still messed up.I think he's payed his price by now and baseball should embrace him again. Thats just how I feel.

Not all Reds fans love Rose. I have meet him two times and he was not very nice.

• Like 1

I'll probably never eat here. Baseball and the Rivertown location doesn't really sit right with me.

The reason you won't eat there is because the theme of the restaurant does not fit the name of the area located?

I suppose you will not ride DB either given it's theme & location?

The location isn't a reason I won't eat there, I just don't like it. I probably could have voiced my displeasure a little better, I admit.

I don't like the ambiance it will have, and I'm not a real fan of the menu either. I won't eat there mainly due to the latter.

They have too many letters in Grill.

I believe the reason it's spelled Grille is due to type of food the restaurant serves whereas, Grill is what the food is cooked on.

I'm not a baseball fan myself, but I am still psyched for this. I love the sports bar style menu, and I think the atmosphere is going to be awesome for any sports fan.

I'm not by all means a die-hard fan of baseball, but I do love the Reds. I am totally stoked for this restaurant. The menu looks great and looks to be a different dining experience. Kings Island out of all the other Cedar Fair parks has lacked a "Game Day Grille" type restaurant as well as a full service restaurant.

• Like 4

Via @KIGMGREG on Twitter:

Looks like we will be serving homemade cheesecake at the park this year! Diamondback and cheesecake, a home run combo http://pic.twitter.com/UnHPexAQRB

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the menus for this year.

I saw this tweet when it was posted....yet, I didn't even think of the correlation of it until now! The park is getting sorta sneaky when it comes to some teasers lol.

• Like 7

I'll definitely be checking this out! Not sure how often I'll eat there (though that cheesecake looks delicious, especially with the raspberries on it), but it definitely sounds exciting. I wonder if we'll be able to hear the game while standing in line for Diamondback.

• Like 2

I see the theme working, at least for me. Baseball is a sport that reaches back to the 1800s. (if not before depending on your research), rivertown has always reminded me of a rivertown around 1900. Soooo baseball would make sense. Plus its a historic baseball grille...

Now taking that out of the loop, lets just look at what this gives to KI. If it really is a sit down with waiter restaurant, then this brings mroe reasons for people to not leave the park. If it is not too expensive, it could be a great experience to add to the park.

• Like 1

For those unable to see the announcement:

Kings Island, Ohio – Kings Island has teamed up with the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum to open a new restaurant at the 364-acre amusement and water park, in the Rivertown area near the Diamondback roller coaster.

Reds_grille_logo_news.jpgReds_grille_logo_news.jpgThe Reds Hall of Fame Grille, which is set to debut when Kings Island opens for the 2013 season April 27, will be a full-service, air-conditioned Reds-themed restaurant and feature authentic Reds memorabilia, framed jerseys and photos, and other bits of history dating back to the 1800s from the first professional baseball team.

Upon entering the restaurant, visitors will see Hall of Fame plaques displayed for each of the 75 players, the three managers and three executives inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame.

Paying homage to the history of the Reds and the players, video highlight reels from World Series, playoff and other games will play on the more than 20 TV’s located throughout the restaurant. Visitors will also be able to watch the Reds games on TV and order, purchase and print tickets to games at Great American Ball Park at a kiosk.

The menu at the Reds Hall of Fame Grille will include fresh-grilled burgers, chicken wings, Montgomery Inn pulled pork, baby back ribs, Saratoga chips, wraps, appetizers, salads, homemade desserts, soft drinks, draft beer and wine.

“We are excited to partner with the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum,” Kings Island vice-president and general manager Greg Scheid said. “The Reds Hall of Fame Grille will be a paradise for baseball fans and will allow guests the opportunity to sample the rich history of the Reds during their visit to the park. Guests will be also able to enjoy dining on a new patio overlooking a spectacular view of Diamondback. Our gold and platinum season passholders and Reds Hall of Fame members will receive added benefits as a result of this partnership.”

Driven by a mission to celebrate greatness, preserve history and provide inspiration, the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum at Great American Ball Park is the place where the story of Reds baseball comes alive each day. Established in 1958, the Reds Hall of Fame is the oldest continually operating team Hall of Fame in all of baseball. Since its inception, 81 players, managers and executives have been honored with induction. The museum features 15,000 square feet of historical, interactive and educational exhibits, highlighting the rich and storied tradition of the Reds for fans of all ages.

Kings Island is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to Kings Island, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, four water parks, one indoor water park, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.

EDIT: Just noticed KingsIslandPR's tweet from last night.

Up to 11 inches of snow in the forecast for areas around the park tonight. Hope it doesn't throw a curve at my plans for tomorrow.

I like the new teasers. They're so obvious that it's hard to put two and two together.

• Like 5

So wait....they're NOT getting a new red roller coaster for this season? Laaaaaame.

Seriously, love this idea. Never stepped foot in that building before and have a reason to now.

Unless if it is the Big Red Machine V-II, I am sorry sir, but no.

• Like 1