Reds Hall of Fame Grille

Colonel_SoB_fan

Not that I disagree with what is being said, but alcoholism and addiction to drugs are treated as sicknesses. That is why baseball gives them multiple chances. For some reason gambling is not treated as a sickness, However, it is still an addiction. People chase the dragon that only shows up when money is involved. Had Pete been honest 30 years ago, we may or may not be having this discussion.

The roid users didnt break any baseball rules but they sure did break america's rules on substance abuse...

If Pete had been honest 30 years ago, the punishment would still be the same. Bart had an agreement with Pete that after one year, he could apply for reinstatement and then the next day he announced the lifetime ban. It had been rumored that Faye Vincent held Bart's death against Pete but Bart was a long time heavy smoker, with high blood pressure along with clogged arteries. Medical professionals will tell you that gambling is a sickness and the sickness runs your life and rules it. In my mind, Barry Bonds should be banned for life and all of his records should be stricken from the books. This applies to all the rest that has taken steroids and other drugs to enhance their performance, even A-Rod if it is shown that he has taken them. It is my belief that the only person that broke the Babe's home run record is Hank Arron due to the steroid use of Bonds, Sosa and McGuire. But if Hank had broken the Babe's record today, he would had been accused of using enhancing drugs even though he did it on pure physical strength and determination.

I wore number 14 in honor of Pete Rose playing high school baseball,basketball,and football. He was my idol,I loved the way he played the game.My grandfather knew his dad,great people to know. I just checked Kings Islands website and I see Pete's jersey! Im sorry, if Pete walked past you and didnt have time for you,but thats the life they live! I have been blown off by Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant before in private events! I didnt hold it to them,they live every day with people wanting a piece of them! Imagine living that way,it sucks! If you dont like the Reds family and this great addition to Kings Island than dont post here! Let the rest of us real REDS fans love it! I cant wait for 2013,if you dont like it,focus your negative energy somewhere else please! Im loving our Reds to win it this year! :)

• Like 3

Pete has his issues, but as far as I'm concerned there is a lot worse in the HOF already.

Not sure what us worse than gambling, but that is your call. :)

The 1919 Chicago Black Sox paved the way for gambling to be treated as the # 1 unforgivable sin in sports.

Pete's only saving grace was that he didn't bet against his team.

If he would have just came clean, there is no doubt he would not only be in the HoF, but he would have been managing again.

Domestic violence, drug abuse, steroid usage and i think at least that has beaten a fan.

With it be open on opening day? Went last year and it was closed up till summer.

I'm assuming you're asking if it'll be open on opening day. It is supposed to be open on opening day. Whether or not that happens, we'll wait and see.

What was closed up until summer?

Rivertown Junction. Photo from Opening Day 2012:

6976882392_e0d640782d_z.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to see more taxi cabs and hotel deals in the works with the new Reds Grille.I bring the older kids for night rides during the summer and I see so many drunks and beer cans in the parking lot that we wait till everyone leaves before I do! I work hard and I party hard too,but never with the kids or when Im driving! I really would like to see more security cracking down at closing time! With the new Reds Grille coming,I think they should crack down!

• Like 5

Jr, you do make a point- I can't recall which park has them, (could it be Alton?) but there are 'portable' hotel pods near the amusement park, very small rooms for overnighting, with I believe, room for four. Even something like that would be nice. As I've said before, I believe my sister would be able to enjoy the park more if she could stay a weekend at a reasonable price.

• Like 3

Wouldn't greenies be considered a performance enhancing drug. I have no proof that Pete ever touched a "greenie" but I've read enough to know how prevelant they were in MLB clubhouses in the 60s & 70s. Knowing how competitive Pete was in his playing days, and knowing the type of people that he ran with, I couldn't say with any certainty that he never took any steriods, let along greenies or any other type of upper.

SupremoSteveo, on 12 Mar 2013 - 03:33, said:

I was able to book a room for two nights for opening day weekend this year at that price.

Just making sure... you know that KI is only open Saturday of that weekend, unless you work for the compan(ies) that have the park reserved on Sunday?
  • Like 1

Jr, you do make a point- I can't recall which park has them, (could it be Alton?) but there are 'portable' hotel pods near the amusement park, very small rooms for overnighting, with I believe, room for four. Even something like that would be nice. As I've said before, I believe my sister would be able to enjoy the park more if she could stay a weekend at a reasonable price.

"Pod" hotels are definitely an idea more easily accepted in Europe (or Asia) than in the US...even at Yotel's location in NYC, the rooms are probably 4x (at least) as large as they are at the Heathrow location.

• Like 1

SupremoSteveo, on 12 Mar 2013 - 03:33, said:

I was able to book a room for two nights for opening day weekend this year at that price.

Just making sure... you know that KI is only open Saturday of that weekend, unless you work for the compan(ies) that have the park reserved on Sunday?

Of course, I'm staying Friday and Saturday night.

Saw this and didn't have time to get a post in on here. I for one am ecstatic to see this, I know exactly where ill be eating on opening day. I am a Reds fan (After my Red Sox of course), and I love baseball. The addition of being able to purchase tickets to the games is also a huge perk. Working wouldn't be bad either, in your downtime you get to clean up an watch the game, what's better?

• Like 2