Kings Island featured in Our Town (Mason) magazine

MDMC01

Today I noticed that the front cover of the Mason, OH edition of Our Town Magazine is a photo of people riding The Racer wearing Coasting for Kids shirts. Inside I found a huge article on Kings Island; check it out (it's on pages 12-19)... http://issuu.com/cincinnati/docs/mason-our-town-april-2013

There's also a small article about The Beach waterpark reopening.

• Like 2

?LIAF

preT

That gave me a genuine LOL!!!

Also, I see on the last page of the article that souvenir cups this season will be different. You'll get free refills on the day you purchase the cup, and 99-cent refills thereafter. Previously it was $1.99 for souvenir cup refills.

• Like 3

Kings Island is in the city limits of Mason but has a Kings Mills (Kings Island) zip code of 45034 as their mailing address. The magazine had some good articles about other attractions and business locations in the area. One of them is and interview with Victor Kidd. He is the owner of Kidd Coffee, pastor of the Living Leaf Church, and city council member. I have known Victor since 1971 when I attended the church that his father was the pastor of. The article about Kings Island is very good and has good insights into its beginnings and progress through the years.

I'm trying to picture someone who's lived in Mason for years just now discovering that Kings Island is right in their backyard...

:lol: Great point!

When Kings Island was first opened, and for a couple years thereafter it kinda wasn't. [cue banjos] "It was about a 3-mile country drive from the good ol' Mason Township line, on out past the Sohio gas station a piece, through the Gene Tucker bean farm and across "Freeway 71," unless o'course you took the hilly, shoulderless Western Row, which was a roller coaster in its own right depending on how fast you was a goin'. Then it was just a hop, skip and a jump."

-Tb, fifth-generation Masonian

• Like 7

^ The actual postal address is (since the late 90s) in Mason, and it doesn't include the Kings Mills 45034 zip code:

6300 Kings Island Dr.

Mason, OH 45040

Perhaps using the historic address, with the city as "Kings Island", is part marketing and part slight to Mason. Or perhaps the park just likes the Kings Mills post office.

Guest KingsIslandPR

^ The actual postal address is (since the late 90s) in Mason, and it doesn't include the Kings Mills 45034 zip code:

6300 Kings Island Dr.

Mason, OH 45040

Perhaps using the historic address, with the city as "Kings Island", is part marketing and part slight to Mason.

The official mailing address is 6300 Kings Island Drive, Kings Island, OH, 45034. It was listed as Kings Mills, OH through the early 80's, then became Kings Island, OH.

• Like 5