Steel Dragon 2000 receives B&M trains

Apparently you haven't ridden Phantom's Revenge. Neither the train modifications nor the ride experience are remotely Arrow-like.

But you do sit down inside the car. It's certainly not open air...though I completely agree about the ride experience. I LOVE PR.

Restraints are not fun on The Racers and BLSC period, the D-Back not so much, but for those, it doesn't feel fun.

There is no "s" anywhere in The Racer. Personal pet peeve - had to throw that in.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Personally I think Magnum could benefit from this. Talk about pain, those old arrow lap bars are painful when you weigh 130lbs and get thrown into them every bunny hill.

THIS × 1,000. This is why Magnum ranks near the bottom of my coaster list. It is the only truly painful ride I have ever ridden.

The Interpreter, on 10 May 2013 - 20:04, said:

An abomination. At Six Flags Over Georgia. Vekoma, now with Arrow trains.

The one time I rode this ride, I actually enjoyed it. Quite a bit, and my head didn't even hit the restraints. (I rode in the front of the last car, and there were only two other people on the train.)

The Ninja by St. Louis though, I don't plan to ever ride again...even for all the free scooby snacks in the world.

• Like 1

I would like to keep Vortex as-is with the OTSR's, mainly for the airtime and hangtime you get from the respective drops and corkscrews. You can't get the same out-of-your-seat feeling from an OTSR as you get from a lap bar, for better or for worse.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've never been on that one. I doubt I ever will. I've had my fare share of painful coaster rides. Don't even get me started on the coaster formerly called Iron Wolf.

Agreed about Iron Wolf... When the ride was over, my ears hurt from being tossed around during the final turns!

Whatever the reason for the leg restraints, I personally enjoy my rides on B&M's coasters with my legs freely able to stick straight out and have my hands up. Makes me feel like I am flying over the hills.

I am sure the patrons riding Steel Dragon are not complaining about these new trains though and probably wouldn't really be bothered by the leg restraints seeing as the old trains did not allow for free swinging legs anyways.