Fast Lane "Plus" Comes to some of the Cedar Fair Parks

CoasterGeek101

Here's some of the parks and the rides that will coast extra. Worlds of Fun, Valley Fair, Dorney Park, California's Great America, and Michigan's Adventure don't have the $10 upgarde yet and Knott's never had Fast Lane.

Kings Island

• The Beast
  • Firehawk

Kings Dominion

• Intimidator 305
  • Volcano: The Blast Coaster

Cedar Point

• Top Thrill Dragster
  • Gatekeeper

Canada's Wonderland

• Leviathan
  • Behemoth

Carowinds

• Intimidator
  • Nighthawk

Thanks for the Busch Gardens info!

We will be taking a trip to Virginia for Busch Gardens and Dominion.

I had no clue that Busch Gardens had their own version of Fast Lane.

Personally, we only use Fast Lane options when we are visiting parks out of town.

Being that we are only visiting the park(s) for one or two days, Fast Lane-ish options, it allows us to get more out of our visit.

Last year was my first ever visit to Cedar Point. After being in lines for 4 hours, we had only been on one ride (Millenium Force broke down after about 2 1/2 hours in line and didn't open for an hour or 2 after that... and Mantis took over an hour to get on). Being that it was my first visit, and it isn't like Cedar Point is our 'home' park, Fast Lane was a great option to be able to add! We just rode each ride once and called it a day.

This year, we'll be going to Cedar Point, Dominion, and Busch Gardens. We'll be getting the upgrade for each park. We don't/won't get the upgrade for Kings Island being that it is our home park, and last year we went 1 - 2 times per week (we'll have plenty of time to ride what we want).

Also, it isn't like we're swimming in money either....we just budget for these things when planning our vacations.

• Like 5

Here's some of the parks and the rides that will coast extra. Worlds of Fun, Valley Fair, Dorney Park, California's Great America, and Michigan's Adventure don't have the $10 upgarde yet and Knott's never had Fast Lane.

Kings Island

• The Beast
  • Firehawk

Kings Dominion

• Intimidator 305
  • Volcano: The Blast Coaster

Cedar Point

• Top Thrill Dragster
  • Gatekeeper

Canada's Wonderland

• Leviathan
  • Behemoth

Carowinds

• Intimidator
  • Nighthawk

Kings Island is the only park of the ones listed that I wouldn't absolutely upgrade from Fast Lane to Fast Lane Plus. If Diamondback were one of the two must upgrade for rides, it would be a different story.

Fast Pass wouldn't help me much with The Beast, as I only have to be in line by 10:00pm ;)

Firehawk isn't a stand out ride for me, and I don't like paying for lockers at Firehawk! Need station storage!

Is anyone else surprised that Firehawk was chosen instead of Flight of Fear?

Here's a money-making proposition for Cedar Fair......and something to pacify those who just "have to have" unlimited access to certain rides:

Issue a new pass - call it a "Marathon Pass". Charge $500 extra (in addition to park entrance) and the purchaser can ride 2 or 3 certain rides all that day, getting on immediately - absolutely no waiting. Maybe the charge should be more? This would squelch the fanatics, cut through the bull****, let the patron ride to his or hers heart's content, and bring in those almighty dollars Cedar Fair seems so hungry for.

Now, you say this is a far fetched idea, but from what I've read in all the threads about Fast Pass, this extra charge won't seem to be any problem - except for those who are poor - and I really don't believe anyone cares about them (except the new Pope).

Go ahead - laugh at me - and then sit back and watch it happen - VERY SOON!

Mark my words.

• Like 3

The fact that all of the poor people on here are able to go to KI in the first place makes me realize how reasonable KI's prices are. My last NFL experience was a hoot. All of these rich people out spent me and got to sit close to the field, as well as having their food and drink brought to them. Meanwhile, I had to stand in a mile long line for a $8 brew. They also paid more for parking,while us poor people had to walk a mile, up hill, both ways, to our car. But ya know what? Thats life babe, and I hated it so much that come next September,Im gonna do it again...even though the Bucs suck and are qb should be shown the door. Hey,did I ever tell you about the time at the airport where I had to wait for the first class people to be seated first?

• Like 11

That are optional. There is no reason I know of you couldn't do as you said with the VIP. If you are trying to be silly, you aren't succeeding.

Not trying to be silly. Just totally against the whole Fast Pass thing. That is how I feel. End of my comments.

• Like 1

Hank, in the other thread you said you haven't been to KI for three years. If it was during the first half of that season you haven't even seen how Fast Lane works. Even if you witnessed it during the last half of that season, they have made some improvements to the system that you have not seen. Why are you so against it?

If I remember correctly, in the last half of 2010, (right year?) when Fast Lane was introduced, it made around a million dollars. With all of the other parks now fully offering Fast Lane, Cedar Fair is no doubt raking in the money. I don't see that as a bad thing like you seem to do.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for your health issues, Hank.

I hope you do make it to the park this summer for some fun.

I'm not upset at you or anything like that - I'm just so tired of everything costing a buck when my income hasn't gone up in years!

And I may get to the park if we have a meet-up. Can't ride any coasters, but that carousel is looking mighty fine!

• Like 8

I love the fanboys who blindly regurgitate the park's talking points. My solution to the whole nickel and dime approach that CF has adopted is very simple. I assume that anything and everything the park wants people to spend money on is a rip-off, therefore, I do not spend one red cent inside the park.

I assume that by fanboys who blindly regurgitate the park's talking points you are talking about me, since I've inserted them into my posts sarcastically.

So if you assume that anything and everything the park wants people to spend money on is a rip-off, do you go to the park at all then? If you don't spend one red cent inside the park because of the "nickel and dime approach" then where will the money come for more attractions later on? Yeah, I know soda shouldn't be $4 for a 20 oz drink, a slice of pizza shouldn't be $5 or whatever it is, but the inflation of the price on everything goes toward new attractions. Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus are a little to no cost thing to do, but a way to make money for capital improvements.

I shake my head so much to the people (not saying you BavarianBeatle) who complain about this and that costing so much and that the park shouldn't find different ways to make money, then they complain because the park hasn't gotten anything new in the past year or so other than Dinosaurs or small stuff. If people want to have new attractions, new restaurants, new shows, those take money. Capital Improvements take money and if "fanboys" and enthusiasts want more things for the parks they can't "boycott" purchasing things in the park.

-End Rant-

• Like 9

I'm sorry for your health issues, Hank.

I hope you do make it to the park this summer for some fun.

I'm not upset at you or anything like that - I'm just so tired of everything costing a buck when my income hasn't gone up in years!

And I may get to the park if we have a meet-up. Can't ride any coasters, but that carousel is looking mighty fine!

Or the train, that is a fun ride.

I like trains

(Which can be said about many on KIC, and on the Youtube)

• Like 5

If anything this just shortens the Fast Lane lines for both attractions. I see exactly why they did this: 1)Make more profit, 2)Calm the cry babies down by reducing the line.

Its a win-win. Chill.

No, actually its a Lose, Lose.. And both the loses go to John and Jane Parkgoer who cant afford it. Once again, the WhinePass is the Stupidest, greediest and Most ridiculous idea that Cedar Fair has ever come up with...Period...

• Like 1