Low Crowd days at Cedar Point

Now, I'm not asking you guys to predict crowds on a particular day, as I know it's impossible. I know the general guidelines, namely that weekdays tend to be less crowded, and that weather plays a big part in crowds, and that May tends to be better than July. What I'm asking is whether or not days with very light crowds are an actual thing that happens at Cedar Point at all. I've heard from many people that Cedar Point is always much more crowded than KI, and yet, their yearly attendance figures seem to be right on par with KI's in years they've released them, with a season that is only a hair shorter. This leads me to assume that from time to time, there will be days when most rides have waits of 30 minutes or less. I'm planning on going to Cedar Point this summer, and I want to ride everything. I REALLY don't want to buy Fast Lane, especially now that they've made Fast Lane Plus (It's not the money so much as it is principle. The capitalist in me won't allow me to buy something I'm so very opposed to). I plan to pick a day, set aside money for Fast Lane, and buy it if I determine it to be necessary.

Also, for the cost of a Fast Lane plus, I could almost upgrade my Gold Pass to a Platinum and stay two or even three days. If I'm anticipating crowds, would this be a better option, seeing as I get ERT, and depending on the day I go, possibly even after-hours rides? I do appreciate everyone's help :)

• Like 1

In one peninsula-sized blender, combine:

• Weekdays in late June
  • Temperatures barely above 70°F
  • Gloomy, overcast skies
  • Forecast of scattered thunderstorms
  • Off-and-on showers

Set blender to "LIQUEFY" and blend until wait times drop to less than 20 minutes each for Millennium Force, Maverick, Raptor, and Top Thrill Dragster. Serve immediately.

• Like 4

Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. You'll find it very hard to find a day when Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Maverick are walk-ons. Those days are few and far between. There are quite a number of days in the non-peak season where everything else will be though.

The trouble is Cedar Point likes to rope off three fourths of the train when there aren't riders to fill them so you still ending up waiting a few trains sometimes even on low-attendance days. I've also seen them remove a train on Blue Streak for the same reason.

Here I go being negative again. I'd just rather go to KI. They aren't prone to taking trains off or roping off cars. If it's a light attendance day, you just sit on the train and enjoy it. :)

• Like 1