John Wardley for a day

TheKlockster

I did not see anything similar to this on here, so I thought I would post it. I think PKI did something like this a while ago in a survey, but I did not see any PKIU posts about it.

There used to be a bunch of stupid background stuff here, but I edited it off cause people thought it was gay.

How would you design a brand new, never done before coaster. What type will it be. What will the theming be. Which elements will be included on it. Where will it be. Have fun! biggrin.gif

John Wardley is a coaster designer. I am saying that if you could design any coaster any way you wanted, how would you do it, and where would you put it. I was just trying to make the backround a little more interesting. In the latest PKI newsletter (I finally got it) they had replies from people who had written about designing any coaster they wanted, and what the theming would be like and the track elements. I am asking the same thing. This is not a refit or retheme of an old coaster, rather a new coaster. How would you do it?

I was trying to get some discussion going. If its a dumb thread, sorry. There was a thread a while ago asking how you would retheme rides. Im asking if you could build a new one from scratch, what would it be like.

I understand, it is a neat idea. Can we try a little different idea though. I will start out and create a "ride". The next person take my idea and add to it.(i.e. location, theming, ride specs).

I would have to say a B&M coaster. It would be a flying coaster and it would have to go somewhere, where it could "fly" over the path. Now where to put it...

How 'bout a little help.

A swiss coaster eh? How about in place of the international showplace. I mean they have tons of theaters. So we put it there, and extending over that pond and that area behind the Alexander statue from TR2. Im seeing cobra roll going toward the tower. Like it starts out going to the tower, then flips upward and enters the cobra roll, then exits it going away from the tower, back toward the lake. Not sure if B&M fliers do cobra rolls or not, but I know B&M inverts do - ie. silver bullet. So well get a cobra roll facing the tower. Also a part where the people are horizontal, and facing down, then it goes down a big drop and it plunges toward the lake, then goes parallel to the water just a couple of feet above the lake so that the people think they are going to go underwater. Then it pulls up really quick and goes into a half-loop that throws the people toward LaRosas, then pulls them away and at the top does a half corkscrew - like half of a cobra roll, so the riders exit in a direction perpendicular to the direction they came in. Those are the two elements I would like. What else can we think of?

Ok, I get it, that crap at the top was stupid. I wrote it at 4 in the morning. I guess there are no other true RCT people here who like to actually design new rides. Just people who like to ride existing rides.

And I have always wondered, but never asked. What is this emoticon? ph34r.gif

What's so bad about this post? The fact it comes from me? And it isnt as bad as "Do you guys still have the entrance fountains?". I just wanted to get some discussion going on. So much for that.

user posted image