Pass upgrade procedure

homestar92

I am planning a two-day trip to Cedar Point, and have realized that it would be about the same price if I upgrade my Gold Pass to a Platinum pass and get the parking for free, as well as Early rides. My question is, what is the actual procedure to upgrade your pass? Can you still do this? I got my pass during the fall sale, so it was only $80. I'm guessing that I would pay what a platinum costs now, minus the $80 I paid. Is this true? Thanks in advance for anything you are able to answer for me :)

The park usually opens up season pass processing/sales early in April and you can go then to upgrade the pass. You just present your pass and pay the difference of what you paid for your pass and the price for the Platinum Pass. Any questions, just call the park.

It still amazes me that their pass system is such a mess 5+ years after they purchased Paramount Parks. The easiest way to solve 90% of the problems would be to store all the passholder info in a single central database that can be accessed from any park, regardless of the pass type or location purchased. That would allow every park to look up any CF passholder and verify their status.

I'm beginning to wonder if they store the regular/gold pass info separately from platinum pass info.

• Like 2

I am planning a two-day trip to Cedar Point, and have realized that it would be about the same price if I upgrade my Gold Pass to a Platinum pass and get the parking for free, as well as Early rides. My question is, what is the actual procedure to upgrade your pass? Can you still do this? I got my pass during the fall sale, so it was only $80. I'm guessing that I would pay what a platinum costs now, minus the $80 I paid. Is this true? Thanks in advance for anything you are able to answer for me :)

Just a thought,but are staying two days at Cedar Point? You might want to look into a hotel Breakers deal with tickets before upgrading unless your planning on making other Cedar Fair trips.You get early entry and I have had deals at breakers that saved me money without upgrading my KI gold pass.

I will have to look into that Jr for Birdy, my dad was going to go with me and if I upgraded, he'd have to wait while I get my early rides. He said he was fine with that, but if we can get in early with a hotel ticket deal, all the better. That said, we're weighing all the options, including upgrade the pass and stay at a cheap hotel, which could also save me money in the end, as without having looked at prices, I'm assumming the "official" Cedar Point hotels cost a fair bit more than, say, a Comfort Inn would.

• Like 1

Also don't forget that Platinum Pass holders get 10% off the standard rack rate at Hotel Breakers (use promotional code PASS when reserving online, or call and ask for the Platinum Pass rate; you'll be required to show a valid Platinum Pass at check-in).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ultimately, we decided on a 3 night, 2 day stay at Breakers. I'll be spending 2 days in the park and my dad is going on a fishing Charter on Lake Erie the second day. Also, if any KICers will be at CP on Tuesday, May 14th, I have no riding buddy (which is fine, I spent a day alone at Carowinds last summer and LOVED it).