Strange rumors you've heard

Michigander19

intamin is being contracted to change over from steam to their hydraulic launch to launch fighter jets off runways on boats.

When FoF first opened, word was that the government was looking into using LIM technology for launching fighter jets. Whether or not that was true, I have no idea, but LIM was pretty state-of-the-art at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I found out yesterday talking to a F. o. F. ride operator that there's a basketball court in the basement of F. o. F. and they store game prizes all the way to old ride parts and trains.

They do not have a basketball court. They do have a basketball hoop however. Back when FOF first opened it was breaking down so often that the mechanics would shoot bball inbetween repairs

intamin is being contracted to change over from steam to their hydraulic launch to launch fighter jets off runways on boats.

When FoF first opened, word was that the government was looking into using LIM technology for launching fighter jets. Whether or not that was true, I have no idea, but LIM was pretty state-of-the-art at the time.

Not sure how long this has been in development but... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_Aircraft_Launch_System

It's an interesting read, even if it is Wikipedia.

• Like 2

Actually at CP, we rode our woodstock express after an O-6...fun times...we'd scream like we were being murdered, terribly funny

I'll bite. What's an O-6?

A highly paid military officer?

That was my first thought, but it's not quite making sense with the context.