Enquirer Article

HHauntFanatic

Rides Maintenance is definitely one of the unsung departments of the park. They do a lot of hard work that mainly goes underappreciated by the public.

Caption under one of the photos:

Kings Island Offseason: Kings Island maintenance crews are working long hours to get the park ready to open for its 41st season on April 27.

This is actually the park's 42nd season (41st anniversary).

• Like 4

Rides Maintenance is definitely one of the unsung departments of the park. They do a lot of hard work that mainly goes underappreciated by the public.

Caption under one of the photos:

Kings Island Offseason: Kings Island maintenance crews are working long hours to get the park ready to open for its 41st season on April 27.

This is actually the park's 42nd season (41st anniversary).

This may make me sound stupid, but how is that possible? Lol.

• Like 2

I don`t watch much TV, and when I do, I do not watch MTV so I did not see that. Yes, I miss the backwards Racer, but don`t look for it to come back anytime soon.

I agree with Gary, that maintenance is the unsung heroes of the parks. There work seldom gets noticed, and they put in some long hours. Few people realize that they tear the trains apart and disassemble most of the rides in the winter to inspect them. It always fascinates me to see parks in the midst of their off season maintenance work.

At Coney, they have begun re-assembling the rides. They just moved the Rock O Plane cars out to the ride on Thursday, and will likely be putting them on the ride next week. They still haven`t done too much work on the new Como Cruisers though, but there is still some time before the park opens for the season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I always love seeing all the work that goes into keeping a park running - it's just very interesting. One of my favorite things in the mornings at Dollywood was walking past Thunderhead while they were doing the morning trackwalk, or even better, minor retracking. It was just very cool to watch. Probably my favorite part of working on a coaster was getting to see all of the mechanics that go into it, learning how the controls systems work, and everything that was done as far as maintenance.

• Like 2

I spent 10 years in machine repair, best time of my life. The average size of the machines I worked on was probably 6 feet wide and maybe 20 feet long. To work on a machine that covers ACRES?!?!? I both appreciate, and respect these brave people that walk the tracks, tighten the bolts, and watch out for our safety.

• Like 3