Indiana Beach for 2013

Recap:

1. Shafer Swings become Water Swings once again over the water
  2. Rocky Mountain is retracking Cornball Express
  3. Shafer Queen's paddle wheel is getting some new paint and repair
  4. Falling Star moved to where the Shafer Swings were located the last few seasons
  5. Penthouse Suites, Beech House Inn, and Boardwalk Motels (40+ rooms) are being renovated
  6. Roof Garden Lounge is getting a face lift
  7. Campground facilities are getting some sort of updates as well!

Lot's of exciting things going on at IB this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CDBig1nNly4

• Like 4

Wow, quite a few updates to a park that had almost seemed to be getting slightly neglected the past few seasons. I am excited to see how much better Cornball Express is probablly going to be this year after being retracked by Rocky Mountain, than it was many years ago when I made a visit to the park. Overall, I think this is a good move for the park and now I'll be adding this to my list of parks to visit for 2013.

Shafer Swings becoming Water Swings again is one of their better ideas. Moving them off the water made a LOT of people very upset. I never got to ride them over the water because of the restraints, but after losing a significant amount of weight I fit in yoyos again so I can't wait to ride them. Also looking forward to a re-tracked Cornball. It wasn't bad on my last visit in 2010 but I'd heard it was neglected over the past two season and was getting to be in bad shape.

• Like 3

I still have yet to make it out to Indiana Beach. (I`ve been kept busy with three jobs and studying for my ARE exams, which I just found out yesterday I passed my first one, the structures exam). It is on my list of things to do. It seems like a nice little park.

Glad to see them investing in the park. Its always great to see smaller parks investing in themselves.

• Like 4

This makes me want to visit it for the first time this year.

the place is great, its got a very laid~back atmosphere with the feeling of a permanent carnival & a boardwalk. don't be in a hurry though as they don't rush anything.

• Like 2

Would love to do Indiana Beach how far is that from say Holiday world or Indy, could you do both in two days Anyone try?

I can be to IB from the west side of Indy in about 1.5 hrs.

HW is 3 hrs away from the west side.

KI is exactly 2 hrs away.

• Like 1

Water swings structure going in at original location!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151384812387199&set=a.337714677198.150905.337613147198&type=1&theater

Looks like they have totally removed the waterfall affect from that platform. Who knows when they did that. One think I liked when they added the water swings!

• Like 1

In response to whether you can do IB and HW in two days - yes. It's not ideal, but I've done IB, SFGAm and HW over a span of 3 days. We stayed at a campground near IB, so we did IB on day one, Great America on day 2, and then left early in the AM from the campground to go to HW for day 3.

• Like 1

In response to whether you can do IB and HW in two days - yes. It's not ideal, but I've done IB, SFGAm and HW over a span of 3 days. We stayed at a campground near IB, so we did IB on day one, Great America on day 2, and then left early in the AM from the campground to go to HW for day 3.

that sounds like the "IDEAL" thing to do. ;)

that sounds like the "IDEAL" thing to do. ;)

In case there are some who do not get the reference, IB started out as Ideal Beach in 1926. To grow the park it was renamed in 1950 to Indiana Beach!

http://www.indianabeach.com/pages/indianabeach_history

• Like 2

That was when the water swings were first installed. It has been a long time.

Not that long. It was still there on my first trip to Indiana Beach in 2007 or 2008 - can't remember which for sure.

Edit: My first trip was in 2007.

Here, though is a picture from 2008 with the waterfall effect still working. (As long as the link works.)

http://www.negative-g.com/indiana-beach/2008/indiana-beach-amusement-park-2008-16.htm

That was when the water swings were first installed. It has been a long time.

Not that long. It was still there on my first trip to Indiana Beach in 2007 or 2008 - can't remember which for sure.

Edit: My first trip was in 2007.

Here, though is a picture from 2008 with the waterfall effect still working. (As long as the link works.)

http://www.negative-g.com/indiana-beach/2008/indiana-beach-amusement-park-2008-16.htm

Cool! Maybe it was removed when they moved the swings. Not sure!

I've only been to IB twice - once in 2009 and once in 2010. The waterfall was not working on either trip.

I emaied Sherry Vogel, the PR manager at IB, and she said she asked the maintenance crew and they expect that element to be operational this season!

• Like 4