FoF Speed

teenageninja

Ok just to clear up the confusion and to set everything straight. FOF does not launch at the same speed every single cycle. Anyone who is a driver there or has spent lots of time there knows what I m talking about. No coaster ever consistently launches you at the same speed. As much as I hate to do it, take TTD for example. It does not always lunch you at exactly 120mph. I know I have seen trains launched at 125+. So don't sit hear and tell me that FOF laucnches every train at 54mph cause it simply is not true.

That's not what were saying. We're (the ones defending 54) saying that 54 is the average speed that the ride is supposed to launch at. Some people say it's around 47. This number is based on what the ride computer says, I know because I used to have to look at it about 24 times every hour when I drove the darn ride. This is confirmed by several knowledgable sources to be an incorrect reading. Maintenance and electricians both say the average speed is 54. Can we please end this discussion now, I'm tired of saying the same things over and over.

Of course there can be no constant launch speed. If you had a few people like myself on it, it would launch slower. If the train is empty, it will launch faster. The velocity of the train is dependent not only on the power of the LIM, but the mass of the train, the center of gravity of the train (both of which are never the same from ride to ride), the air pressure, the position of the moon - many factors affect the launch. But I am sure the average is 54. They have no reason for saying its more than it is. That would be like saying the speed limit on 275 is 75, but really its 65, we're just going to call it 75. It would'nt make sense.

Mini Flame war between Homey and NugBos...thats funny. What is the difference in a few miles per hour? Who cares, it used to be advertised as 60, and thats wrong people say its 47 thats wrong people say its 54, thats wrong to....the speed varies end of arguement. And homey before you "expose someone" for who they are make sure you know who they are.... SobGun Steveo has one name, and hasnt posted in a long long time. Nugbos however annoying you think he is, is a god to all of you so shut your traps, he has more power and more knowledge.

OK, I'm sure FoF does launch at different speeds depending on how many people are riding and the weight of the riders and that the average is around 54 or so, after all, what reason would PKI have for lying to us. What bothers me is NUGBOS coming in here and anouncing that The Beast tops out at 52mph. That's crazy. When it first opened its top speed was advertised at 70mph, then, for some reason or another it was scaled back to 65mph. Since the began redoing the track the rebanking to turns in 2001 in has been clocked at faster speeds, around 70mph or so. I'm not saying that is runs this fast all the time, there are hot sticky days when it is going noticably slower. There are even some days(SOME days) that the ride ops do only take it to 52 and I have been there on those days, but, then there are the good cool dry days when it just flies. You can completly deny this if you want to. You can come on here and call me an idiot for all I care but I'm not going to argue with you because I personally know one of the people that repairs/keeps up the ride and is there when they clock it so there is really no point in me arguing over it. I know it's true and has been clocked at these speeds, if you don't want to beleive it, that's your buisiness.