National geographic mess up

CoasterRoller

It describes gravity as 'the force that pulls everything towards Earth's center'.

Not a very good way to define it, considering the National Geographic Society is a scientific and educational institute.

This also appears to be a photo from a National Geographic for Kids. Let's face it, the target audience just knows the very basics of science, if that unfortunately. :unsure:

• Like 1

Leave it to KIC to rant about minor typos, I like it. I find it quite unintelligent of the most intelligent Nat Geo society to have such typos in a small article. I wonder what the first Beast is to them, Son of Beast, then the question would be "Who's the daddy?" .

Well I can kinda understand Nat Geo Kids a little. Since The Beast resides in the woods, there really is no good place to take a pic of the coaster even in the air because of the dense trees. S.O.B.D, on the other hand was out in the open, making it easier to take a picture of.

Erm...no. The Beast's first drop is a great picture. The helix. What TheCrypt posted. Even an overview of it.

Also, the picture was Son of Beast with a loop. How can Nat Geo write an article about roller coasters and not even figure out that Son of Beast is different than The Beast?

• Like 1

Well I can kinda understand Nat Geo Kids a little. Since The Beast resides in the woods, there really is no good place to take a pic of the coaster even in the air because of the dense trees. S.O.B.D, on the other hand was out in the open, making it easier to take a picture of.

Erm...no. The Beast's first drop is a great picture. The helix. What TheCrypt posted. Even an overview of it.

Also, the picture was Son of Beast with a loop. How can Nat Geo write an article about roller coasters and not even figure out that Son of Beast is different than The Beast?

How can you expect Nat Geo to figure it out when KI employees (well, employee at the Eiffel Tower) can't? Lol

I don`t know what you are referring to, but most of the employees at Kings Island`s Eiffel Tower are quite informative. Although, they don`t rattle off as many facts about the ride as the operators do at the ride of the same name at Kings Dominion.

Last season, while at the top of the Eiffel Tower, a guy points to the Son of Beast and asks an employee what ride that was.

The employee tells him that it was The Beast and that it was soon to be torn down. The guy asks why, and the employee tells him that it was just old (over 20 years).

I do realize that he could have been screwing with the guy.

I didn't correct him...just giggled and walked away. Lol

• Like 1

I don`t know what you are referring to, but most of the employees at Kings Island`s Eiffel Tower are quite informative. Although, they don`t rattle off as many facts about the ride as the operators do at the ride of the same name at Kings Dominion.

Last season, while at the top of the Eiffel Tower, a guy points to the Son of Beast and asks an employee what ride that was.

The employee tells him that it was The Beast and that it was soon to be torn down. The guy asks why, and the employee tells him that it was just old (over 20 years).

I do realize that he could have been screwing with the guy.

I didn't correct him...just giggled and walked away. Lol

I believe it,I have answered questions they didnt know,and have asked questions just to see if they knew? Some know alot,some knew very little.I dont know very much either,so thats pretty sad! You should have to pass some KI history test before working the Tower.