That Brady Bunch episode

coasterdime

Caught the last five minutes of it. Mister and Misses Brady were checking into a hotel and they got the honeymoon suite or something. But I didn't see anything about Cincinnati on it. Plus the info said "Marcia promises to get Davy Jones for the school prom". Are you sure that's the right one? Oh well, I guess I should have come online sooner, then I would have known about it and I could have watched the entire thing. Why didn't you text message me at work? Just kidding. laugh.gif

I'll have to tape it this time since I have to work. I especially love the scene towards the end where Jan and Marcia ride Flume (for the last time) and they stop on the exit path to deliver some lines. They stop all the people behind them and one kid looks ticked. I'd be mad too if a bunch of "celebrities" cut in front of a two hour line (multiple times) and then blocked your only escape away from them.

I hadn't seen that episode in years. That was really cool to watch. I had my first visit to Kings Island not too long after that episode was taped. Did anybody see the shots from the Eifel Tower? There's hardly anything down there. Very interesting to watch. I wonder if Kings Island ever did any taping of the park over the years. It would be awesome to watch a collection of that footage from over the years.

I thought it was really interesting to see some of the rides that are still there. Of course the Eiffel Tower was there in the ep, and is still there. But Wild Thornberries (KMLF at the time the ep was filmed), Scrambler (different theming now), Monster, Racer, Larosas Pizza Rivertown, Grand Carousel were the ones I noticed.

Does anybody know what year that ep was filmed?

Park opened in 1972.

Partidges filmed in 1972.

Brady's filmed in 1973. Other than the show date in the credits... the way to confirm this is that fact that the Flying Dutchman and Bayern Curve are shown. Both were added (along with Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal which is not shown) in 1973.

Shaggy

I wasn't able to see the early one, so I stayed up and watched the replay at 2:30am. As luck would have it, it was the "Pop-up Video" version.

There were a lot of fun facts about the filming, and some facts about the early days of the park's history.

*Although a couple of scenes took place at the Kings Island Inn, the cast was not staying there. Instead of spending the then $19 (!) for a room, they were put up at a much cheaper place. The cast and crew complained about the smell of the cheap hotel, and the girls were afraid to shower...the tub was full of spiders.

*According to the show, the wait times for the major rides during the filming were almost 2 hours. There were guests getting upset...and somewhat unruly, as the Brady cast was put at the front of the lines to film their scenes.

*The "Wheel of Fortune" ride was dismantled 11 seasons after the episode was filmed.

*The canoes were chopped 3 seasons after the filming.

*As the show was filming, a camera was mounted to The Racer for on-ride shots. Robert Reed, (Mike Brady...who wouldn't even board a ride for the show) thought the camera mounts looked dangerous. Later, a test run with the camera (and no people) was sent out. During the circuit, a camera mount smacked into a support. The crew credited Robert with possibly saving the cast's lives.

*The show claims that the park is now covering 700 acres

*The most unusual item found at the Lost and Found...a glass eye.

There are many more fun facts that have slipped my mind....If anyone else can remember any....please post.