Rollercoaster Tycoon3

beastbreakdown

I dont know about any body here but im sorta a fan of rollercoaster tycoon 1, 2, and all the expansions packs. I was surfing the web and went to there webstie and saw the new game and its demo. click here for site . Its supposed to have way more real rollercoasters and more things to do and build in this one. Its supposed to hit shelfs in early November 2004. And yes i do know this has NOTHING to do with pki but i thought some people might find it intresting.

I am a RCT (roller coaster tycoon) addict. My avatar is from RCT. I have RCT1. It is running on a PCPC (piece of crap PC). Unfortunately, it is not strong enough to run RCT2 or RCT3. Yes, RCT3 looks awesome. It is completely 3D, and it will even let you ride your coaster creations through your own parks! Plus the Sims on it are way cooler. You can actually walk around the park as guest, and you can see people of all shapes and sizes. And they have interesting facial expressions. I saw a screenshot of a mechanic answering a radio call, and on the old game, he just said "Answering Radio Call" on his status screen. But in this game, you see him stop, and pull out the walkie talkie, and actually answer it!

RCT3 might just be worth upgrading, or buying a new PC. But I can't for a while as I just purchased a new Macintosh (although I love RCT, it wasn't a good enough reason to buy a PC over a Mac), and I don't have the money for a PC. But maybe by next summer I will! tongue.gif

I know, but the graphics aren't good enough to tell what is going on. The mechanic just stops and wiggles for a second. You can't tell what he is doing. I am just saying that RCT3 is way better with these minor details.

Most of the time I play RCT these days, I just use trainers to give me all rides and lots of money, and I build a park from scratch, then open it to the public. I know, that's cheating, but I got tired of the normal game. But it's still my favorite game.

If you go to RCTtown.com, they have lots of stuff there for RCT fans. But their Vortex SUCKS! I made my own, and it is pretty accurate, although some of the proportions are off because of the way RCT1 works. The corkscrew should go through the loops diagonally, but it won't let you do that. So its a little off. But its WAY better than the one on rcttown if anybody wants me to email them a copy of it.

I tried to make a PKI once, but for one, the 126x126 grid is nowhere big enough. For two, there are no games on RCT1, just restaurants. And finally, I have yet to ride FOF, and I had no idea how to construct it. Hopefully, Ill get to ride it in the next few weeks, so I will be able to build it too. But Racer/recaR is almost the full length of the map. And there definately isn't room to build Congo Falls, TopGun, SOB, AE, then Racer. It simply won't fit. And PKI is even longer in the other direction.

I know RCT2 has a much bigger playing field, and I am sure that RCT will allow you do that as well. Like I said, my PC won't even run RCT2, let alone RCT3 - and none will work on a Mac. But if I get a new PC next summer, it will be the first thing I buy for it!

Let me know if you want any of my parks or rides. I have a few cool ones. They are all RCT1.