A Quick question about an old ride.

hauntguy

Does anybody know why PKI is still hanging on to some old Phantom Theater people movers. They are still in there black color as we remember them. They are still sitting in the corner off the park and not being used for anything. Could PKI want to open another, truly scary dark ride?? The Phantom Thearter 2... Or is PKI planning on getting rid of these things. Also, PKI is still hanging on to the animations from the ride. It kinda makes someone think... Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

I am just saying why not sell them for needed equipment. Give them to another Paramount Park. Or use them! Just sitting there, that just looks and sounds kinda dumb. The only other reason I could think of keeping them there is for spare parts for SD&THM. But seriously, PKI needs a truly scary dark ride. Happy Haunting. -Nightgore

Heres another one for you guys. If you were a head manager at PKI, would you bring back the Phantom Theater? Were would you locate it? Would you leave everything intact or update some of the gags, props, animations while still keeping the "feel" of the dark ride? Think on those and tell me what you think. Happy Haunting. -Nightgore

Does anybody know why PKI is still hanging on to some old Phantom Theater people movers. They are still in there black color as we remember them. They are still sitting in the corner off the park and not being used for anything. Could PKI want to open another, truly scary dark ride?? The Phantom Thearter 2... Or is PKI planning on getting rid of these things. Also, PKI is still hanging on to the animations from the ride. It kinda makes someone think... Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

look at king cobra. last i heard, the tracks and its cars were both sitting in a cleared open space somewhere on ki's lot. haven't been able to find them though.

Seriously, it can't be that hard to find a roller coaster, even if it is in pieces.

Give the guy a break, unless you know the exact place to look you are not going to just see the track. Plus the track blends into the foliage around the field, making it harder to see.

i'm sorry, but i thought that it could just be seen by looking over the right roller coaster's hill.

separate note: i haven't gone up into the Eiffel Tower since king cobra was taken down. thats why i hadn't seen it, but now that you've told me that, i'll go up sometime and look for them.

I haven't ever noticed that. But then again, I have done AE 10 times, and except for during the mid-course lift, I never noticed seeing SOB. I didn't notice just how close TopGun got to SOB until my fourth ride on it (the first time I actually sat in the very first seat). Its kind of hard to see when everything is flying by that quickly, but I will keep an eye out for it next time.

Is it between SOB and Gun or SOB and FOF, behind AE?

And why would they hold on to King Cobra? I thought they dismatled it and used it for scrap parts for other stand-ups at Paramount Parks.

Well, I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but the park keeps tons of stuff that they will never use again, or even be able to. Back by PKIU earlier this year, (not sure if it is still there or not), they still had the Tomb Raider sign from the original display in front of the fountains when it was just a preview. It's probably going to also hold the IT:ST sign when they are finished.