Which Coaster needs a paint job?

SonofBaconator

Well when I was looking down at the ground under the MCBR turn I saw blue and orange huge paint bottles. So I geuss they have been upkeeping its paint.

I think White Water Canyon needs paint most of all...

But actually, I think Vortex's supports are fine. Her rails, however... Those could use some work. They look sunflower yellow these days, and they're supposed to be a vivid Orange.

• Like 1

Not to sound like a broken record, and I don't know what it is, but for some reason I almost prefer Vortex's paint to be faded. I can't say that about any other coaster that I know.

Flight Deck looks like it has been primed and is now awaiting an overcoat of paint. I don't mind it though, as it helps it keep it's low key status.

Back when they had the "5 at 5" thing on Facebook a couple years ago, I asked about them repainting Racer to its original colors and was told that it would cost too much to do that.

Didn't Don say back a few months back in the "If you could ask Don one question..." topic that they were going to introduce something similar to the "5 at 5" this season?

• 1 month later...

I agree, Vortex (And most arrow loopers) can get away with having faded paint. Not too entirely sure why.

Racer I think deserves some love.. Though, I'm not sure if I'd say I'd be happy if one year that was the only improvement to happen. Then again, it'd be better than NOTHING happening, which has happened before.

I was talking about this with a friend the other day. Outside of Invertigo, Flight Deck, Vortex and Flying Ace which other coasters have been painted in the last 5-10 years? Diamondback is really starting to fade. Backlot I'm sure could use a paint job. We all know Racer needs painted. Firehawk could probably use a touch up or new paint scheme. So to answer this question: All but Invertigo, Flight Deck, Vortex and Flying Ace in my opinion.

I was talking about this with a friend the other day. Outside of Invertigo, Flight Deck, Vortex and Flying Ace which other coasters have been painted in the last 5-10 years? Diamondback is really starting to fade. Backlot I'm sure could use a paint job. We all know Racer needs painted. Firehawk could probably use a touch up or new paint scheme. So to answer this question: All but Invertigo, Flight Deck, Vortex and Flying Ace in my opinion.

Just adding to your list, but the wooden coaster in Planet Snoopy with an identity crisis was repainted to its current sky blue color. It kind of makes you wonder if Woodstock Express requires the same type of paint as Racer?

• Like 3