Park map changes

Firehawk07

This was just something I found funny when I looked at this past year's park map. Since SOB is not on the map it seems that somehow Flight Deck has somehow moved to fill in the space. Haha

Here is a comparison to an older map. It's a surprising difference as if they want it to look like nothing was ever there:

park_map.jpg

kingsisland2008map.JPG

Obviously the style of map has changed, but it's more than that...

The Topic title made me all excited for a new 2013 map design for a moment. Alas it was for not.

The 2013 map is nothing to be that excited about- they were giving them out at season pass processing over the weekend.

Doesn't matter, I still am really excited to see it.

Hmm...wonder what they are going to do if/when a big new roller coaster (possibly as part of an AZ expansion) on the map, because Flight Deck sure does hog a lot of that space on the current map...I'm thinking they would move Flight Deck down to its original location...

They may have also moved Flight Deck to its current location to hide the fact it is far from the rest of, well, anything not named Son of Beast! (2012 Map if it talked: "Oh yeah, it's not that far a walk..." People begin walking to FD... Map: "Suckas!" :P )

• Like 2

^ Does the description of the Bier Gardens include any menu items? Any other food changes? (Other than the Bier Gardens and Red's Grille)

Auntie Anne's pretzels on International Street (mentioned on Twitter a while ago) and gluten-free items at Coney Potato Works seem to be about it. I'll look for more when I have it in front of me.

Edit- OP delivers!

KI Pretzel Company is now "Auntie Anne's- Hand-Rolled Pretzels, Pretzel Dogs, Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade"

Is this new at Stunt Crew? "Stunt Crew Grill- Mouth-Watering Chicken, BBQ Pulled Pork, Salads, Desserts, Saratoga Chips, Ice-Cold Beer"

"Christian Moerlein Bier Garten- Full Service Bar, German Fare, Fried Pickels, Appetizers"

"Reds Hall of Fame Grille- Full-service, air conditioned sports-themed bar with 20-plus TVs. Fresh-grilled burgers, chicken wings, Montgomery Inn pulled pork, baby back ribs, Saratoga chips, wraps, appetizers, salads, homemade deserts, soft drinks, draft beer, wine"

Drop Tower no longer has the Drop Zone spiral in front of it- nice attention to detail! :)

WindSeeker is still there, for anyone who doubted that.

Coke Freestyle locations are now marked.

Was International Restaurant on the map before? It's now "Banquet facilities".

• Like 3

Last year the Stunt Crew Grill had burgers. I don't think it was open towards the end of the season, but sometimes there was a mobile burger cart that showed the same menu.

Interesting that there are 'Saratoga Chips'...are those just fresh cut potato chips?

Last year the Stunt Crew Grill had burgers. I don't think it was open towards the end of the season, but sometimes there was a mobile burger cart that showed the same menu.

Stunt Crew hasn't been open at the end of the season for the past 4 years. Instead, a family of butchers commandeer that location and serve meats of more dubious origin! :ph34r:

• Like 9

Stunt Crew hasn't been open at the end of the season for the past 4 years. Instead, a family of butchers commandeer that location and serve meats of more dubious origin! :ph34r:

I've heard they may be hiring this September, it seems like a job to die for.

• Like 3

This was just something I found funny when I looked at this past year's park map. Since SOB is not on the map it seems that somehow Flight Deck has somehow moved to fill in the space. Haha

Here is a comparison to an older map. It's a surprising difference as if they want it to look like nothing was ever there:

park_map.jpg

kingsisland2008map.JPG

Obviously the style of map has changed, but it's more than that...

I feel like the old maps were better, I like the more realistic looking map as compared to last years

But what are we going to do now that Ronny's picture isn't there? Plus...I miss the water tower. Not to mention, when did Racer get pointy? (Can you tell how much I love change?)

Even if they did jiggle around FD, it looks better that way than with a gaping hole in it where SOB should be. Here's something fun - compare this years map with an 03 park map and scare the hell out of yourself with how many things have changed in ten years. Then think about what it might look like in another ten.

• Like 4