Mrs. Brady vs Mrs. Partridge

markr

Love both Mrs. Brady and Mrs. Partridge but have to give the edge to Mrs. Partridge since she played in a band with her kids. Kind of feeling bad about setting up this poll as not sure any mom can compete on the coolmeter against a mom who plays in a band. At any rate if we were to have a cool mom contest among all the TV moms I would definately give Mrs. Brady first runner up prize.

• Like 1

I always liked Shirley Jones because of her roles in Oklahoma, Carousel, and The Music Man.

As for who's the cooler mom - they're both such plastic characters that if either of them ever got hot, they'd melt.

• Like 3

The Partridge Family episode is also on youtube and David Cassidy demonstrated what a great comic actor he was in this episode-love the scene where he looks like he is going to get sick on the Carousel.

I watched both The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family when they were both a part of the Friday night line-up and I remember both shows being very popular. I think the Brady Bunch for some reason has simply had more exposure in syndicaton than The Partridge Family which may be why The Brady Bunch seems to be more popular among those who weren't born when both shows were in prime time.

PS Looks like Mrs. P has gained a few votes.

I liked the Brady Bunch (and therefore prefer Carol) because that show featured a "complete" family who had a firm household (albeit a physically impossible house), complete with a friendly, live-in housekeeper. Though my own family was a mess of divorce, neglect and abuse, I could relate to the Bradys because that's what I believed life should be like. The partridges were travelling musicians who drove a weird bus and pretended to play instruments with such fakeness that it made me shudder... at four!

So, yeah, Carol Brady, pretty much.

• Like 2