"Mystic Manor" at Hong Kong Disneyland Video

I am not saying bigger is better. Disneyland and the Disney World parks have almost the same rides sometimes they have a different theme. I happend to like Dinseyland more, but still goto Disneyworld. Yes I have saw the pooh ride at TDL, hope something like that comes to the USA.

Tokyo Disneyland's not a Disney park just has a license.

I've been to three Disney Parks (WDW, DL, and DL Paris), and they are all a bit different,with pros and cons to each. Some things at DL are superior, no doubt; for instance, POTC there is superior to the one in Florida. However, I think I'd take the one in Paris over the one in CA. I also like Big Thunder in Paris as well. But the Rock & Roller Coaster in Paris is AWFUL. Same thing with Tower of Terror. You think they cut corners in Florida, believe me you've seen nothing. Splash Mountain is better in Florida than CA. The castle in CA looks like a miniature golf one compared to the one in Florida (talking purely size here). Nemo is a billion times better in CA. Love the Matterhorn; only in CA. There's more to do in Florida due to all the parks, resorts, and water parks on property. There are cool rides exclusive to CA. There are cool rides exclusive to Paris. There are cool rides exclusive to Florida.

Trying to say one is superior to the other is really oversimplifying things.

• Like 2

If you could take DL, slap 1996 Epcot and current Animal Kingdom next to it, and add DisneySea down the road a little, I don't think I'd be able to leave.

If you could take Expedition Everest from AK and put it anywhere else, I am 100% sure I would never go back to that park. LOL

If you could take DL, slap 1996 Epcot and current Animal Kingdom next to it, and add DisneySea down the road a little, I don't think I'd be able to leave.

If it was in Florida, I'd still rather go to California.

In the past two years, I've learned that I is not a Southerner. Back in the mid-Atlantic again, I is a happy boy. Or at least a happy old man (young ladies offer me their seats on the Metro!)

• Like 3

If you could take Expedition Everest from AK and put it anywhere else, I am 100% sure I would never go back to that park. LOL

Say what you want about AK, but the detail in the theming is amazing. I think it would have been a lot more well rounded if Beastly Kingdom had been built.

• Like 2

Think it's a different strokes thing here, as AK is my least favorite Disney Park by far. But I am not a big zoo guy or anything, so that has a lot to do with it.

OTOH, I LOVE Hollywood Studios, and a lot of folks think that park is lame. Love the theming there, love the rides there, love Fantasmic, etc etc..

Like I said, different strokes! :)

• Like 1

Back on topic....

I think this Mystic Manor attraction is just the cat's pajamas. The effects are stunning - and that's just from what I saw on the video. I'd love to actually go there - but then, Cedar Point is only an hour away and I can't afford that, so a Hong Kong trip is out of the question.

I wonder.....did Mr. Q. have anything to do with this ride or was he strictly working in Florida?

• Like 1

I've watched this "Mystic Manor" ride through video about 10 times this week because I'm so intrigued with it. While watching the video I realized that I really liked the music and that it was pretty catchy. I kept thinking that the music sounded really Danny Elfman-ish, like something from a movie in which Danny Elfman wrote the score. I did a little research and come to find out, Danny Elfman actually scored the ride! How cool is that?

• Like 1

I've watched this "Mystic Manor" ride through video about 10 times this week because I'm so intrigued with it. While watching the video I realized that I really liked the music and that it was pretty catchy. I kept thinking that the music sounded really Danny Elfman-ish, like something from a movie in which Danny Elfman wrote the score. I did a little research and come to find out, Danny Elfman actually scored the ride! How cool is that?

Cool, excellent find! I love Elfman's music. :)

Cool, excellent find! I love Elfman's music. :)

Sorry, I should have posted a link or something to the info I found about that. Here is a video of Danny Elfman talking about his involvement with the project and part of the process. It's pretty neat!

• Like 1