How long of a wait?

Sonofbeast2.0

How long do you guys think the wait will get for DB and or The Beast (or any other ride)?

I think the max wait for the day will be 90 min during day and that night 120 min (downtime is NOT counted) for both DB and The Beast.

After opening day we can all report back are highest times we seen on April 27th 2013.

"Happy 42st annual opening day! May they odds ever be in your favor!"

How long do you guys think the wait will get for DB and or The Beast (or any other ride)?

I think the max wait for the day will be 90 min during day and that night 120 min (downtime is NOT counted) for both DB and The Beast.

After opening day we can all report back are highest times we seen on April 27th 2013.

"Happy 41st annual opening day! May they odds ever be in your favor!"

The 41st opening day took place in 2012....

• Like 2

"Happy 41st annual opening day! May they odds ever be in your favor!"

The 41st opening day took place in 2012....

whoops.... :P I fixed that.

Opening day is always a bit slower than the rest of the season, The added crowd of the 5K will cause the early crowd to be heavy since many will be there prior to park open. The Ride ops will need to get their flow, even seasoned ops will be out of the groove for a couple weeks.

Early rain will probably just cause more delays, like Jr said a good afternoon storm will send people home. The runners will be sore and tired, and historicly an afternoon storm will thin out crowds.

There is also possibilities some rides will not be operating opening day, which causes others to have longer lines, Last year it seemed like Drop Zone was 2-3 weeks late to open, Unless we hear different WindSeeker will be closed since Knotts and KD have yet to re-open their versions. And any water rides will not be open, so that automaticly takes 4 rides down for day 1.

Opening day is slower when? I somehow do not remember any opening day I've been to as a slow day. Mostly that's because it's a Saturday. Combine that with the opening day kinks that happen frequently - mainly downtime, and it might be a great opening day or a horrible opening day. You just never know, but go with the flow.

As for the rain - if it's raining enough in the afternoon to send lots of people home, it's usually because the rides have been down for a long period of time. If the rides aren't down, most people will continue to stay. I'd want the rain in the morning and before noon to keep people from showing up if anything. That said, I'd rather the park be slightly busier and have just an overcast day with maybe a sprinkle or two. Those are always my favorite days.

• Like 2

According to Accuweather's hourly forecast:

• Low to mid 40s and mostly clear skies for the start of the Color Me Pink 5K
  • Around 50° with mostly cloudy skies by the finish
  • Mid 50s at park opening
  • 60° by 11am
  • Mid 60s with first realistic chance of rain (44%) around 2pm
  • Approx. 50% chance of rain at any particular moment persists through park closing and into Sunday
  • High of 67° around 3pm
  • 60s persist through 7pm
  • Temperatures drop to mid 50s by park closing
  • Like 2

Opening day is always a bit slower than the rest of the season, The added crowd of the 5K will cause the early crowd to be heavy since many will be there prior to park open. The Ride ops will need to get their flow, even seasoned ops will be out of the groove for a couple weeks.

Early rain will probably just cause more delays, like Jr said a good afternoon storm will send people home. The runners will be sore and tired, and historicly an afternoon storm will thin out crowds.

There is also possibilities some rides will not be operating opening day, which causes others to have longer lines, Last year it seemed like Drop Zone was 2-3 weeks late to open, Unless we hear different WindSeeker will be closed since Knotts and KD have yet to re-open their versions. And any water rides will not be open, so that automaticly takes 4 rides down for day 1.

Some people on KD's Facebook are saying it was open...

Apparently you're thinking much longer wait times than I am. I'm betting the longest will be an hour for DB and probably 45 min for Beast, and that very much depends on weather.

Man talk about having to eat my words on that one. I didn't miss the DB one by much, but...uh, The Beast I missed completely!! I didn't really expect it to be as busy as it was.

• Like 1

The types of people who buy Fast Lane are the ones that the park will try to avoid ticking off. They've paid quite a bit of money, and they will make a very large scene when they think they're being inconvenienced. Fast Lane automatically gives them a sense of entitlement. You should have seen some of the scenes people caused at Dollywood over a $15 Q2Q when I told them to merge into the station at Blazing Fury. They griped up a storm that they were having to wait three or four trains. What I loved was when they griped to me about not having a line to skip on slow days. "Why'd I even pay for this thing?" Uh...that's what I want to know! Apparently reserved seating for shows, because that's all you'll be using it for today.

• Like 2

I think Fast Lane has its perks but it is definitely bringing up issues with some of the buyers.

I know me and some friends are going to head up to CP this year, and we plan on buying them, so I guess I can be one of "those" people when we do that.

Oh trust me, we will. I know how it feels to be in line and see the ride ops let every single FL person on before me. Its not a huge deal for me because of how often I go to the park (usually 20-30 times a year), but its still can be a pain nonetheless.

I really want to get it at CP because of Gatekeeper, I plan on riding that thing double digit amounts when we go. Trying to figure out a good Monday or Tuesday to go up for CP, preferably mid-season. I'm trying to remember in my head the normal time I go most years when I visit.