Rumors on connecting AZ to X-Base

T_12

What are your ideas on an expansion to connect AZ to X-Base. How? What will we see on the new path? New Rides? New Coaster?

Before I get into too much excessive detail, what are your ideas?

I think they need to add a walk way starting from where TA use to be and connect it on the opposite side, in between the Firehawk and Dinosaur Alive. The add a Intamin Giga coaster or create a new type of roller coaster that is 500+ feet tall that is like Millennium Force where SOB use to stand. Then in between FOF and the walk way they should add the Antique Cars. The extra space beside the new giga should be left for a future ride or rides. Then they should make a deal with Intamin and tear down Vortex and build a Intamin coaster like a Multi Launch coaster like Maverick. Those are my ideas.

• Like 4

What are your ideas on an expansion to connect AZ to X-Base. How? What will we see on the new path? New Rides? New Coaster?

Before I get into too much excessive detail, what are your ideas?
I think they need to add a walk way starting from where TA use to be and connect it on the opposite side, in between the Firehawk and Dinosaur Alive. The add a Intamin Giga coaster or create a new type of roller coaster that is 500+ feet tall that is like Millennium Force where SOB use to stand. Then in between FOF and the walk way they should add the Antique Cars. The extra space beside the new giga should be left for a future ride or rides. Then they should make a deal with Intamin and tear down Vortex and build a Intamin coaster like a Multi Launch coaster like Maverick. Those are my ideas.

Isn't there like... A lot of stuff in the way? Like Adventure Express? Not to mention, that's a pretty long walk.

• Like 1

^ In addition to that, does KI actually want 2 separate walkways in close proximity of each other, that go in the same direction & ending at the same location thus duplicating all services (services being: food, drink, facilities, etc.)?

If anything (but not anytime soon), I can see KI connecting to X-Base, but looping all the way around the former SoB footprint and/ or the land used for Animal Safari.

And that would be a very long walk, with quite a bit of grade change. The land dips down pretty significantly back behind Adventure Express. Not saying it won`t ever happen, but there are certainly other areas where they can build some infill projects, with not as much infrastructure required.

• Like 2

And that would be a very long walk, with quite a bit of grade change. The land dips down pretty significantly back behind Adventure Express. Not saying it won`t ever happen, but there are certainly other areas where they can build some infill projects, with not as much infrastructure required.

The Architect is always thinking! :rolleyes:

• Like 7

^ In addition to that, does KI actually want 2 separate walkways in close proximity of each other, that go in the same direction & ending at the same location thus duplicating all services (services being: food, drink, facilities, etc.)?

If anything (but not anytime soon), I can see KI connecting to X-Base, but looping all the way around the former SoB footprint and/ or the land used for Animal Safari.

That would get you to Action Zone in a way that would be useful, as theoretically they could put more stuff along it. That would be most similar to the areas of Dollywood known as Timber Canyon and Wilderness Pass. Before Thunderhead, none of that existed at all. As things kept getting built up, they connected the two and made it a loop...a BIG loop.

I'd agree with you though that it will be YEARS from now, if ever that this happens. Over expansion would not be a good thing.

• Like 1

It worked fine at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure.

Oh, wait....

OUCH! I also can think of another park that has lots and lots of coasters that seems to have to let other things slip to keep them all open and running. I believe Kat and I referred to it as being like a ghetto Cedar Point. I wouldn't want that to happen to KI. I love how pretty much everything has a nice, well kept appearance.

• Like 1

This could be a good idea, if we had a park that was open year round. The fact that we don't makes this idea terrible. Whats the point in building a long, unforgiving, path that leads to the same place another one can take you, quite easily I might add. This is not the issue that should be at hand, this is a pointless discussion. As Terpy has said earlier:

Oh, wait....

This could be a good idea, if we had a park that was open year round. The fact that we don't makes this idea terrible. Whats the point in building a long, unforgiving, path that leads to the same place another one can take you, quite easily I might add. This is not the issue that should be at hand, this is a pointless discussion. As Terpy has said earlier:

Oh, wait....

Then don't read it instead of just being rude.

And I believe the point of the "long unforgiving path" is the same one that I mentioned for the Timber Canyon/Wilderness Pass area at Dollywood. It allows for more exciting attractions to be built along it. By your same logic, why is there a pathway that leads from the floral clock to LaRosa's Pizza? The Planet Snoopy/Rivertown path as well as Coney Mall both take you to the same spot. The middle path doesn't even have rides on it at the moment. I think it'd be a great spot for some flats in the section toward the Eiffel Tower, or even between Backlot and the restroom would fit a small one. They just haven't elected to use that yet...but they could.

The point of the discussion is that we're speculating on what might be done at some point in the future. Nothing more or less than that. If you don't want to read it or think it's pointless, then don't look at this thread.

I'm also curious to know what makes it any less useful that the park is only open seasonally.

1. Funny thing, I was not trying to be rude, I was merely stating how I felt about the topic. This is a place of everyone's own personal opinions right?. :rolleyes:

2. The path would be extremely long and unforgiving. The pure fact of building a path to connect them makes no sense. If you had started off the conversation with "They will start building a path toward Firehawk" sure, that would make sense, but saying we would build the entire path from Action Zone to Firehawk is just ludicrousness. If you honestly think they would build enough attractions,restaurants,bathrooms, to make building the path worth it, well you probably should take up the profession of path building since you know entirely more than I do about what is/isnt pointless. You took my "path that leads to the same place another one can take you" a little overboard.
  3. Revert to #1
  4. If the park was open year round, theoretically, we would have a higher income and more guests per year. That does not necessarily mean we would still build the path, but if the park had a higher income rate and more guest visits per year, your path of awesomeness would have a higher chance of already being built. In my personal opinion its just a pointless discussion that, as has been said many times by many people, has already been discussed. But what do I know.

Maybe we could trade Jungle Jim a Water Tower....or some go karts......or a bunch of wood......Dang.... too late!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jungle Jim's already take the water tower? Or did that go to someone else?