I'm Selling My Gold Adult 2013 Passes

selective

A pass originally purchased by my sister in law, ended up being sold to, and used by my dad last season. She just handed him the receipt, which he used to get his picture taken and pass processed.

Now in this instance, he must be present to ensure the receipts are not counterfeit, etc.

If you can process your pass as expected, you will then go and pay the gentleman the agreed upon amount.

When you purchase the pass at the park, no info is taken from you. They give you a receipt with a bar code on it and you take that inside to be process with your name, address, ect and your picture is taken. Any time you purchase a unprocess pass or ticket from a source other than official places, you take a big risk so it is BUYER BEWARE. Also if you plan on selling it or tickets at the front entrance, even at face value, the park frowns on it.

• Like 1

Kings Island used to have a problem with employees selling their free ticket's, and then when they did their Haunt Promotions for giving out a free ticket when buying a season pass for the next year, lots of people had their free tickets stolen from them by friends and family members offering to buy their season passes for them.

Kings Island fixed those problems though by limiting and restricting free tickets for employees, and by making the season pass itself the free ticket during the Haunt promotions for buying a next year season pass.

Something new Kings Island is doing now is printing tickets on receipt paper! Though this will save the company thousands of dollars, I can see it causing many problems for them because receipts are easy to lose or throw away by accident, and even if saving them, the ink fades and rubs off too easily, and if they get wet then they are gone!

It is printed on thermal receipt paper only if you buy them at the park. Group sales still print regular tickets for groups that are bought in advance. They used to use BOCCA machines at the sales windows that would print out tickets that were sold each day but was replaced by just thermal receipt paper.

• Like 1

To follow up on this thread, I meet up with selective and purchased two gold passes from him.(They were in the form of paper receipts) Passes were processed without any issues.

Cool dude. It's too bad he was selling his pass, as it would have been nice to have ridden a couple of coasters with him. :D

Unfortunately for you guys, I plan on purchasing his last remaining gold pass on Friday :P

• Like 2

It was a perfect day for riding rides... the sky was covered with clouds, and there was a cool breeze.

But yeah, starting in june I'll be doing 7 day work weeks till around October, so I'll get passes for next year though for sure.

There's another person at my work place that wanted the last pass I have, for her son. I told her last Friday I would sell it to her if she had the money. She told me last night she'll have the money either tonight or Tuesday. If she doesn't buy it from me this week though, I'll sell it to you Friday. I'm off work Friday and should be free anytime.

The other person at my work place that wanted to buy all three passes, never had the money for them, so I had to skip them.

• Like 1

The person at work that wanted to buy the pass for their son, didn't have the money.

I tried contacting, DontWantToWait42mar0, to see if they still wanted to buy the last pass, but it's been about 12 hours and haven't got a reply yet.

Anyone want the last Gold Season Pass? $75.00

PM me A.S.A.P.

Kings Island is currently running a false advertising campaign!

On their main web site, they show a Gold Season Pass and say "Enjoy free parking, unlimited visits to Soak City, early ride times and more! As low as 6 payments of $15.00, Prices Go Up And Gold Goes Away May 27th"

So I click on the "BUY NOW" link to see what it does, and it shows 5 purchase options!

1. Regular Season Pass ------------------------ 6 payments of $16.25

2. Regular Season Pass (4 or more) --------- 6 payments of $16.00

3. Gold Season Pass ---------------------------- 6 payments of $17.50

4. Gold Season Pass (4 or more) ------------- 6 payments of $16.75

5. Platinum Season Pass ----------------------- 6 payments of $29.00

None of these purchase options are 6 payments of $15.00, so this is false advertising!!!!!!

Anyway, Gold goes away soon, so if no one buys my last Gold pass by May 27th, then I'll have to raise the price that I'm selling it for.

Kings Island is currently running a false advertising campaign!

An inflammatory and overdramatic presentation? Very not like you.

Anyway, Gold goes away soon, so if no one buys my last Gold pass by May 27th, then I'll have to raise the price that I'm selling it for.

You have an item that you paid $X for that you no longer want. No one will buy it from you, so you decide to take an offensive stance and say "If you don't buy it I'm going to charge you $X + Y for it!" That's capitalism, I guess, but really? You're already out the $X. It would be charitable for someone to buy the pass from you for $X considering they could do it just as easily and much more safely through official channels. Instead of making yourself accessible and fair and saying "I made a mistake in buying this and I just want to break even," you're threatening to raise the price, ensuring that you make a profit from this... I mean, really?

Why would anyone choose to use you as a merchant then? You've already spent that $X, so you would be LUCKY to find someone willing to pay anything near that amount. To turn this into a profit-seeking venture is just ridiculous. Try and recoup your losses but to threaten to raise the price? Is that supposed to make us want to buy from you?

• Like 7

It's frustrating because those of us who have been around for a few years know selective's method of operation well. This is not out of character. I don't think he realizes the position he's in, which is NOT one wherein he holds a winning hand. He may be trying to bluff, but come on...

Selective, YOU need US to buy your pass, not the other way around. If someone here is feeling charitable / sorry for you, they'll pay CLOSE to what you paid and you'll make back MOST of your expense. You're not in a position to demand things and hope to make a profit off of this, least of all because that's really very immoral on your part. That's what scalpers do. You made a mistake in buying the pass, so offer it at a discount and hope to make back most of your expense. It's silly to try to hold us hostage by insisting that if we don't hurry, the price will rise. Charge whatever you like - even for $5, I certainly wouldn't partake.

• Like 4

@CedarPointer

Thanks for posting the screen shot.

Since the only people that can renew a pass are those that already had one the previous year, this would still count as false advertising. If it doesn't apply to everyone, then it is false advertising!!!

@Everyone Else, I never said who I was selling the last Pass to, I tell everyone it's first come, first serve, and I'm selling it to the first person that has the cash, but if someone says they'll buy it, I'll hold it for them till the day they say they'll buy it and if they don't, it's to the next person in line. Oddly enough though, a few people I work with thought the park was selling them at 6 payments of $15.00, and when all of them found out it was a lie, they were all very ****ed off.

I have had more offers, but I don't make a post everytime I get an offer. Seems like most people are waiting till June.

@CedarPointer

Since the only people that can renew a pass are those that already had one the previous year, this would still count as false advertising. If it doesn't apply to everyone, then it is false advertising!!!

@Everyone Else, I never said who I was selling the last Pass to, I tell everyone it's first come, first serve, and I'm selling it to the first person that has the cash, but if someone says they'll buy it, I'll hold it for them till the day they say they'll buy it and if they don't, it's to the next person in line. Oddly enough though, a few people I work with thought the park was selling them at 6 payments of $15.00, and when all of them found out it was a lie, they were all very ****ed off.

I have had more offers, but I don't make a post everytime I get an offer. Seems like most people are waiting till June.

Your coworkers should take a class in Reading Comprehension because the Ad clearly states " AS LOW AS $15 per month". That does not mean that every single purchase option is going to be at that price.

• Like 6

Guys this got a little out of hand.

Selective is only wanting to sell the pass he has already shelled out the cash for. Since this thread seemed to lose interest, he figured he would spice it up by mentioning gold passes are only avialable for a certain period of time. Some members might scoff at this approach, but he only needs to sell one person a pass, not every member on here.

During that "12 hour" window, I saw his message, but none of my buddies were looking to purchase the pass that weekend so I didn't respond. He probably also saw that I was active on this site during the time period, so he had no reason to hold out for me.

Selective, it is still rather likely my brother or friend will be interested in purchasing the pass, it's just a matter of when they are wanting/available to go to KI for the first time this year. Shouldn't be too far from today now that daily operation has begun. I will have them buy the pass from your rather than paying more money plus tax. If you do happen to sell the pass in the meantime, I understand.

@CedarPointer

There are very few advertisements that actually apply to "everyone" and pretty much all of them are very legitimate. It's called fine print, and thankfully dieseltech20 pointed that out...though might have been a little rude about it. ;)