A Taste of What's To Come

I can't find the "Ask Don" section, but after seeing a picture of him being interviewed at the Red's Grille, I do want to know what it's like to have this wave of innovation hit the park like it has? It seems as if he's juggling a lot of things at once, with the new Grille, a potential upgrade to the former SOB section, keeping things reasonably secret considering how nosey we are. etc..

How's it different from past years?

• 3 weeks later...

We ate at the Red's grille.

My friend got the chicken tender meal with chips, the boyfriend got the fancy burger (forget the name, had bbq sauce, bacon , and fried onion ring), and I got the kid's chicken tender meal.

Portion size: Large. The whole plate was filled with chips on my counterparts' meals, mine was as well, but fries. Hence why I got the 's meal. 3 tenders and generous amount of fries was more than enough.

Taste:

The Chicken tenders were delicious. They taste hand breaded as claimed. They we're juicy and hot. Very good.

Saratoga Chips: The base side with meals (fries are extra) thick cut, freshly made I assume, no flavor. The chips were not seasoned, not even salt.

Fries: Delicious.Thick, wedge cut fries. Worth the small up charge over the chips.

Burger: Although the toppings like bacon and the onion ring were good, the meat was unseasoned and over cooked. Joe did not finish the burger, which is very rare. The burger was a quarter pounder, the only size they serve.

Price: Decent. Cheaper than I would have thought for a sit down restraunt in a theme park.

Service: Decent. Not bad, but not outstanding.

Building: wide open spaces, didn't feel crowded. Air conditioning was nice, although we were informed that only the right side of the restraunt was working. Not sure if the case always, our just broken.

Overall: Good experience. Nice place to take a break/chill out, but I'm not sure it'll be a need to eat at place on our next visit.

• Like 2

^Yeah I realized that shortly after posting, hence the edit. Working in the food industry myself I have heard the complaint of both things though, and the far too often request for a steak extra well done but not burnt. Clearly this wasn't the situation though and I apologize for responding out of context.

• Like 1

Went today and the good was great and our server was on top of it. best part ever I went in expecting to pay $40 dollars before tax and tip and even with tip payed 41. First trip to the park this year and i will deffently have this on my schedule every trip. wonder if prices are going to go down in the park for food? Or Even better is this a sign of things to come for Kings Island? wouldnt mind a couple sit down resturants :)

• Like 1

Went today and the good was great and our server was on top of it. best part ever I went in expecting to pay $40 dollars before tax and tip and even with tip payed 41. First trip to the park this year and i will deffently have this on my schedule every trip. wonder if prices are going to go down in the park for food? Or Even better is this a sign of things to come for Kings Island? wouldnt mind a couple sit down resturants :)

With Mr O's comments about how gate keeper changed the front gate for CP for the better, I wonder if any thought has been given to updating KI's front gate. I hope any future front gate improvements wouldn't include a gate keeper (or any ride for that matter) as it would take away from the look of the tower walking up to the front gate. However, I would think to make a front gate revamp profitable, they'd have to do something w/ the restaurant; bringing it up to code so that it can be in operation every day at the park, rented out for holiday parties in the winter, used for business meetings in the mornings, etc....

In short, if they can get a reasonable ROI on The Reds Hall of Fame Grille, it may lead to an examination of KI's front gate and how a 2nd sit down, full service restaurant could be incorporated into (in my opinion) a long over due front enterance face lift.

I'm happy to hear all the positive reports for the Grille at any rate, sounds like a good match b/w two local mainstays.

• Like 3

I tried this place when I was there at Opening Day, and I do have to saw, this Reds Hall of Fame grill is great!

What caught my attention was how the menue was set up to be like Baseball things, 7th inning stretch, bottom of the 9th.. things like that, it was really nice how they have made the building looks like an actual resteraunt, I forgot I was at Kings Island that day while in there.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...